Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Charger

Guest roadkill2525

Guest roadkill2525

I put away the Camaro because I haven't decided on everything, so im moving on to my 69 Charger, I have some ideas that I would like your opinions on. Im keeping the 440 Magnum and haven't found wheels that fit on the F70-14 tires.

1. Body - Dark Bronze Met. w/ Black stripe

Vinyl top - Black

Interior - Black

2. Body - Black w/ Red stripe

Vinyl top - Black

Interior - Red

3. Silver Met. w/ Red stripe

Vinyl top - Black

Interior - Black

4. Body - Dark Bronze Met. w/ White Stripe

Vinyl top - White

Interior - White

Guest roadkill2525

From the response from all the forums im on, it seems that Dark Bronze Met. is a favorite. The Black w/ Red might be something for the future. While researching the car I found out that the engine could be turquious or orange, what would be the better choice?

From the response from all the forums im on, it seems that Dark Bronze Met. is a favorite. The Black w/ Red might be something for the future. While researching the car I found out that the engine could be turquious or orange, what would be the better choice?

While tuquoise would be more likely in a baseline model, if you're modeling an R/T (as the stripes would probably indicate), the engine should be Magnum Orange. I think orange will look better with the bronze, anyway.

Hi Mike...

I too have the R-M 69 Charger on the list of near-term building projects. I will be interested in any problem areas you might find in the construction of this excellent looking kit. Some folks have told me it's not possible to attach the front and rear gravel panels before the body is primed and painted. They tell me there is so little clearance when putting the chassis inside the body shell that these components must be attached as part of the final assembly. Your input on these issues would be appreciated.

Thanks...

BC

Bill,

I am presently winding up the RM charger, it is an excellent kit. only a few things to watch for. the forward end of the chassis has a small twist.

I checked several other kits I had, ...all the same. also check the

location of the rear axle in relation to the wheelwell cutouts...depending on tire/wheel selection the spacing may need some attention.

as far as front/rear valence panels..... I installed the rear panel before

chassis pan , and the front valence after the chassis.

I hope to have mine completed in time for kansas city.

mark townsley