Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Sinclair '23 T Roadster Altered

I've been in a vintage drag-race state of mind lately and this is one of those builds I just had to do the second I started thinking about it. It was an easy project taking only a week and a half which is unheard of for me!

Nothing really fancy going on here. Combined the chassis from the Double Dragster kit Fiat and an AMT Parts Pack '23 T altered body kit. The cowl top and dashboard come as seperate pieces so I molded them into the main body shell. Stripped the chrome off of the blower assembly and the wheels and detailed them out with paint & wash. Changed out the tires to Modelhaus T120 up front and the Parts Pack exclusive red pinstripe slicks out back. Ditched the painted front shell in favor of the plated version from the '25 Double T kit. The Sinclair decals come from Lindberg's '34 Pickup kit, the other decals from the Double Dragster sheet. Paint is Testors 1-coat Mystic Emerald with Tamiya Gold on the engine. To get the dow-7 coating look on the wheels I used Model Master "Jet Exhaust" with some semi-gloss clear. Added some plug wires using the kit magneto.

IMG_8620.jpg

IMG_8621.jpg

IMG_8627.jpg

IMG_8624.jpg

IMG_8628.jpg

IMG_8629.jpg

IMG_8622.jpg

IMG_8633.jpg

IMG_8634.jpg

And a parting shot with its big brother twin-engine rail from the Double Dragster set that I completed last year.

IMG_8635.jpg

B)

Cool and Nostalgic Ford T. I like the color and details are great. Wheels and tires fit nicely to this Old School Altered. I would like to see more of this style builds being built, nice to see this one.