Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Jaguar XJ220 "True fire" pre-race car

Kennyboy

Sorry I did not post up progress on this as frequently as I usually do but, at least I finished it!

The kit has several issues with fitment ESPECIALLY when fitting the body together..... :angry:.......over a dozen clamps it took to get the darn thing to come together AFTER clearancing several areas that were contacting too early. WHAT a HEADACHE! Thank goodness it is over! I originally planned on having a racing theme on this but alas, I could not find any JAGUAR decals that would be appropriate for the build. Photos were taken in ambient sunlight to show color depth (as much as possible.)

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Kennyboy

Awesome paint on a great looking car. It is pretty amazing some of the limited production cars that AMT did kits of once upon a time.

Thank you Phil........I like to look for the more limited stuff and sometimes you have to put up with a kit just because of the subject!

Awesome paint on a great looking car. It is pretty amazing some of the limited production cars that AMT did kits of once upon a time.

I thought this was a Tamiya kit reboxed by AMT?

I was hoping to see this in racecar livery, as first proposed, but it came out great anyway. Awesome job. How many different colors of paint did you use?

I thought this was a Tamiya kit reboxed by AMT?

I was hoping to see this in racecar livery, as first proposed, but it came out great anyway. Awesome job. How many different colors of paint did you use?

The Tamiya kit is WAY nicer than this one Tom.

I really wanted to do it in race car livery but could not find anything suitable. Used lacquer black as a base, then white for the flame base, then Kandy Blue, and finally Kandy Pink.