Model Cars Magazine Forum

little mule bronco build

Ok guys,thought i would share my little mule bronco build with you,whilst im waiting on parts for another build.

Ok ive used two body shells,the white one being a mpc kit,and the yellow one being a revell kit.

After having a good look at the film,i see the little mule is a short Wheel base bronco,and has the wide Wheel arch flairs on it.

So as the mpc kit is slightly shorter,than the yellow one this was the one used for the build.

Ive started by chopping out the arched flaires from the yellow one,as the make the correct body style of the little mule bronco.

This is all for now,so hope to have some more pics of my update soon.............

IMAG0080-1.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

romancingstone220.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

Edited by richcrabman

very cool. I'm planning to build this truck myself in the future. The questuion that I would have is where are you going to buy the Mule Hood ornament from? Or are you scratch building it?

That's one of the things that is keeping me from building the kit.

you'll want to remove the bronco 'horse' badge from the fenders (and the word 'bronco' too if you prefer to use the decal) and also the F O R D badge from the leading edge of the hood. if you cut up the bullbar, you can change it to be more correct.

Mine is coming along nicely....

Edited by kruleworld

Hey Walter,thanks for the info.this has already been done,but i do like the idea of using decals for the bronco lettering.where have you got your decals from for this?

I do need to Get the correct bullbar,as the kit i have doesnt come with one.

Could we see your build please walter?

Rich

I used the kit bullbar, it just needed to have the bars moved around. I printed the Little Mule door decal myself (basically print it on white decal paper, you basically print black around the edges), the bronco badge is from the kit's decal sheet and the front FORD oval is from a racing car decal sheet stuck onto a styrene oval, as is the goodyear decal. I added a middle seat, but it looks like it should be a bench seat. The jerry can comes in two parts, so i used the two halves to look like two same sized cans (they just a bit thin). Sidepipes i got from a cobra. i've yet to put spare wheels on.

Pictures and thread here

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57652&hl=

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...