Model Cars Magazine Forum

Which Resin Part(s) or Conversion Would You like To See?

turn this around a bit and look at it from a casters perspective. what ya got thats castable? keep in mind, it would need to be something that others would buy and not just a one off project. there may not be enought of a market for a 1898 widgetmobile. plus, the master has to be of the highest quality and craftsmanship. if your going to ask a caster to cast your master, dont be upset if its not up to the casters standards.you must have a thick skin if your going to build masters. most casters wont cast something that looks sorta like what it represents. (although...)so, if you have something that you think may be of castable quality post some pics. theres enough casters on this board that a match may just happen.

:lol: Hmmmmmmmmmm.. How about -

1) '59 Chevy 4 door wagon Preferably a Brookwood or a Nomad. With the Nomad ( Impala series in '59 ), you could use a ton of stuff from the Monogram '59 Impalas

2) '67 Fairlane convertible - make it a Fairlane 500 and a conversion to an XL, GT or GTA would be easy - just remove the body side moldings and add decals

3) '67 Ranchero with Fairlane 500 trim - again,, to convert to an XL, GT or GTA would mean removing the side trim

4) '65 Dodge Monaco

5) '66 Dodge Monaco - have you seen what those things sell for on Ebay?

6) 1973 thru 79 Ford F 150 Super Cab pickup

7) 1967 Ford F100 Pickup in 2 wheel and four wheel drive

8) '68 - 72 Ford F-150 2 wheel drive pickups and a conversion kit to build a 4x4

9) '75-78 Plymouth Gran Fury in 2 door and 4 door - many were used as police cruisers - also a Gran Fury wagon of that make and vintage

10) '75-78 Dodge Royal Monaco sedan, hardtop and wagon

11) 89 Style Ford Crown Victoria in police and civilian trim with the landau roof

12) 1973 - 80 Chevrolet and GMC Suburbans

13) 1964 - 66 Chevy or GMC Suburbans

14) 1949-50 style Ford panel trucks

15) 1947 - 53 Chevy or GMC Suburbans and panel trucks

16) 1940's - 50's style milk truck conversion for the Chevy and GMC and Ford kits that are available

Parts

1) A really decent and proper Bud style wheels for a one ton truck

2) A nice Holmes style wrecker body for a one ton - ideally a twin boom with swing out booms.

3) Grille conversions for '67 - 72 Ford trucks to accomodate the never produced trucks themselves that I mentioned above

4) 1973-80 Chevrolet grille conversions

5) long wide box with tailgate for 1960-66 Chevy/GMC pickups

6) A decent school bus conversion - 1940's thru '60's style

How's that for starters? :lol::P

I know resin casting is not cheap to do but some less expensive body conversion kits would be nice,It would be easier to sell to more of us out there with not so great budgets to play with. But as long as the materials/shipping etc. cost so much it will probably keep that from

happening and others from casting there own masters or conversions to share with all of us builders...

the casting materials cost is the same no matter what.thats a fixed expense. what adds extra cost is when the caster has to do the mastering.its mostly a time investment. more time mastering, less time casting. hense, the call for ya'll to step up with masters.

I'd really like to see more plain working 3/4 and 1 ton wheels to upgrade the many 1/2 ton pickup kits out there, for both modern and vintage trucks. Also regular sized 4x4 wheels for working trucks, not the monster truck tires and custom wheels included in many 4x4 kits. Finally some regular 4x4 tires / wheels for big rigs. There are some nice high floatation tires with off road tread out there, but nothing I've seen for an aggressive tread on a regular wheel except for the Paystar kits which has an older military style non-directional tread.

well you can use the grille from the '72 gmc kit on the chevy's,

I'd love to see a '46 and '50 GMC conversion

There is one out there, I got it off ebay and it is a nice conversion. I don't recall who the caster was or have any contact info though. There might be slight difference year to year but it should work for any year from 1947-53.

A good 1954 conversion for the Chevy would be nice, I don't believe GMC changed until 1955. I've seen one 1954 Chevy cab on ebay but it wasn't a very good effort and the seller was asking way too much for it.

• 3 months later...

I would like to see a 99-04 Mustang GT ,

Just seen this, And I have to agree...I have a 2002 1:1 and I have wanted to do a model of it for awhile(even though I wont be able to do a body kit of what I have or want)

A 1972 Dodge Charger conversion with the base model grill,Flat hood and base model taillight panel with seperate taillights,Thats way over do,Look at all the 71's everyone is building,That would fill a void in some of our Mopar collections,And with all the 71 kits out there the possibilitys are endless on varaitions of making different trim level 72's.

A 1972 Dodge Charger conversion with the base model grill,Flat hood and base model taillight panel with seperate taillights,Thats way over do,Look at all the 71's everyone is building,That would fill a void in some of our Mopar collections,And with all the 71 kits out there the possibilitys are endless on varaitions of making different trim level 72's.

we have got the bumpers, grille & taillights mastered...having a production problem with the cear parts...hood may not be a big deal, body not sure...interior has not been tackled yet