Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paging Greg Wann...

Get well soon Greg .

Kerry kicking the soda can be as bad as the smoking habit.

Ice tea is no better for the kidney stones.

I can't drink iced tea either? DANG!! Water is getting boring. My wife is on me now too. I appreciate all the well wishes. Getting old does suck.

The Eleanor photo etch set: My grille has one bar that is ever so slightly bent. I have actually attempted with fair success to resin cast PE parts. I have cut PE parts off their sprue, drop them in front of me and they are a struggle to find. I bought a set for a still unfinished Buick GS convertible build. Those little fender badges are so cool and accurate that you can actually paint the red paint in the letters and numbers and polish them out. They really make the GSX build POP! It is just too bad they keep releasing this kit with the same inaccurate front fenders. They are not squared off but sharply rounded. Like the picture of this fine specimen. Now, this is what I call a Hot Wheels car! If this Gold GS was my Flip Nose version I would be one happy camper!

post-8648-0-35864600-1379284068_thumb.jp

Edited by Greg Wann

I can't drink iced tea either? DANG!! Water is getting boring. My wife is on me now too. I appreciate all the well wishes. Getting old does suck.

The Eleanor photo etch set: My grille has one bar that is ever so slightly bent. I have actually attempted with fair success to resin cast PE parts. I have cut PE parts off their sprue, drop them in front of me and they are a struggle to find. I bought a set for a still unfinished Buick GS convertible build. Those little fender badges are so cool and accurate that you can actually paint the red paint in the letters and numbers and polish them out. They really make the GSX build POP! It is just too bad they keep releasing this kit with the same inaccurate front fenders. They are not squared off but sharply rounded. Like the picture of this fine specimen. Now, this is what I call a Hot Wheels car! If this Gold GS was my Flip Nose version I would be one happy camper!

Edited by dimaxion

• 4 weeks later...

Last week, I dropped off a bag of coupe glass to Greg, and now the body kits are starting to go out.

PA110043_zps88d72a4c.jpg

Included is the body, glass, a "slide" to make the 1/4 windows (you can get at least three out of a slide, in case you cut one wrong) and a stock hood. Why a stock hood, and why not just use the kit hood? Because the hood is the only other part that is painted body color, so with a resin hood, you can paint the whole car with any hot automotive paint - base/clear, lacquer, Duplicolor, etc, without worrying about crazing a styrene part. Selling isn't allowed on the forums, so PM Greg Wann to get on the list, and the bodies will go out in the order of which the names are added.

So with that finally taken care of, my next post on this thread will be a continuation of how it started, a build thread of my car.

-MJS

Edited by Maindrian Pace

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Soda-
I also had to kick the soda habit several years ago. My dietitian suggested Aquafina. I am hooked. Just enough flavor. No sugar. Non carbonated. I like the Strawberry-Kiwi. Also Rasberry, and Grape, as well as maybe peach. I always have one handy when I drive. Hope you like. And get well, too.

AQUAFINA-TEMP-DELETE.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mike I requested to join your phoenix model forum so I could get in touch with Greg I think it is to see about getting a few of these resin bodies along with the Eleanor bodies but have not heard anything back. Or is there way to get in touch with him.

And I must say being a Fox body owner my self you did one hell of a job. The first thing I noticed on this kit was the roof. I do not know how in the heck they butchered that part.

Hi Mike,

I posted some fresh photos of the new mold making process. You can PM me on this forum or the Forum I post my work on or my mastercaster1 email address. I am hopefully improving my mold making skills this year. I did switch silicone, actually a better one. It is actually just about the same price by the pound and I can drive to Tempe and pick it up to save on shipping.. I am pretty excited for the new resin casting year. With some new projects that are plumbing related and some custom work I do I hope I can keep up. There just aren't enough hours in the day to do resin work with a real job I have to go to.

Greg

I can't vouch for how Greg is with stopped-up toilets, but he's a genius with resin models and parts! ;)

B)

My parts are also dishwasher safe! I am working on a plumbing related item and I did a test for SMOOTH-ON TASK 8 resin specifications. The pink one is task 8 with a little red dye mixed in. I am trying to squeeze it to bend it after pulling it out of boiling water. The white part is SMOOTH-ON 300 resin. It drooped on it's own upon removing it from the water. I really don't use it for model parts anymore. They won't melt in your mouth or the trunk of your car. The many hours and dollars you spent on a contest car won't melt away from heat stroke.

post-8648-0-17440700-1389560787_thumb.jp

post-8648-0-35264800-1389560819_thumb.jp

post-8648-0-82938300-1389560835_thumb.jp

Edited by Greg Wann

• 5 weeks later...