Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Duallie incompletely complete!

sno_man80

I finished the Duallie, its was very disapointing in my opinion. You can't really tell but the red color on the box and the cab are the same color, but the bed had more coats due to a tape mistake. So the bed has a darker color, at that point I pretty much gave up on it and threw it together. I felt part of the motor didn't fit the best, the upper hose doesn't connect that great the intake had to be shaved down to fit even okay. I felt the bumpers went on very complicated I had to flip the truck over to get the front bumper to go on with out holding the part until the glue cured. Also I need to work on the tailgate it doesn't like to stay up on its own the best. I still recommend this model to anyone as its very detailed and quite complicated in my opinion. I did enjoy building it and will be building it again, this project went way wrong, it was supposed to be a truck used as a drag car hauler. I plan to rebuild this along with a Fairlane drag car as a matching set. I just got all my flocking, battery cables and braided hoses in for the next project. I plan on ordering alot of billet parts and taking my super sweet time in the next build. I hope to start on that in April and don't care how long it takes me to build.

104_0941.jpg

104_0942.jpg