Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Went to the local LHS picked up some TS-44 for calsonic skyline build Testors electric pink to surprize the daughter with [5 yrs old]

And 2 sets of Red Alert decals . Bummed out didn't find any kits i wanted but oh well

Michael

A new photo booth! Finally! This is a Fotodiox unit that Brett Barrow clued me in on. He bought one, and I followed his lead. It includes two (HOT!) halogen lights, four different backdrops and a hinky camera stand thingie. The unit folds flat in a self contained case, with pockets for storing the lights. At $40, delivered directly from Fotodiox, It's a pretty sweet dealio!

This set-up beats the old way many of used to do model car photography. Way back then, we all used a background "sweep" using poster board, and our lighting came from reflector shades with tungsten bulbs. All that worked fine, but it sure was a pain to set up.

post-9023-0-28880300-1370206059_thumb.jp

Went to the local LHS picked up some TS-44 for calsonic skyline build Testors electric pink to surprize the daughter with [5 yrs old]

And 2 sets of Red Alert decals . Bummed out didn't find any kits i wanted but oh well

Michael

Would you mind telling me where you got the two Red Alert decals ???? Or is it a secret ? LOL....... Been hunting those myself. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A new photo booth! Finally! This is a Fotodiox unit that Brett Barrow clued me in on. He bought one, and I followed his lead. It includes two (HOT!) halogen lights, four different backdrops and a hinky camera stand thingie. The unit folds flat in a self contained case, with pockets for storing the lights. At $40, delivered directly from Fotodiox, It's a pretty sweet dealio!

This set-up beats the old way many of used to do model car photography. Way back then, we all used a background "sweep" using poster board, and our lighting came from reflector shades with tungsten bulbs. All that worked fine, but it sure was a pain to set up.

Just got done looking on Amazon at different ones. Picked out a few to ponder on, but I'll definately be getting something similar soon. It'll be better than the homemade set-up I have now that really works best outside in the sun...which we haven't had a lot of lately.

Just got done looking on Amazon at different ones. Picked out a few to ponder on, but I'll definately be getting something similar soon. It'll be better than the homemade set-up I have now that really works best outside in the sun...which we haven't had a lot of lately.

Go for it! I think you'll find similar booths manufactured by the same company. In any event, the Fotodiox booth sets up in about ... two minutes. Just remember that the halogen lights are very hot, so be careful with them.

Would you mind telling me where you got the two Red Alert decals ???? Or is it a secret ? LOL....... Been hunting those myself. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Local LHS in Boardman Ohio and he had two sets and that was all he had. there isnt any name but the shop owner said he thought they were Model King buti have no clue..... :D

Michael

I have one of these too that my sister-in-law picked up at a yard sale and gave to me. Mine must have gotten wet at one point. It has some mold stains on the side panels. I need to see if I can find something to clean it with that won't hurt the fabric.

Later-

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...