Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2013 Car Kit Releases

fastram

My wallet is gonna be real thin in 2013, s if its not thin enough now.

Agreed!

Very nice to see especially that Jukebox Ford being reissued. Also I can see bit weathered, rusty and crusty Mercury, a Light Commercial type of car, or then very clean SurfWagon in my bench. B)

Man , oh man !

Just look at those proposals !! That 1971 F-Series is definitely going to find its way into my collection ! Now if only Round2 were to restore the 2-wheel-drive "Camper Special" F-250 ("Star Truk" , et al.) , that would be great !

The Mustang coupe is just gorgeous !

I remember when , back in 1988 , the local Ford dealership had an SSP "plain jane" on their lot . Its sticker price was a hair under $10,000 (a bargain even then) . I wonder who bought it ! It was sans A/C (a no-no here in the Southwest !) and had no radio ; Certified 125 MPH speedo (maybe it was 140 MPH , I can't remember ...) , buckets , 5-speed and 3.08 Tru-Track diff .

It was medium blue / dark blue in colour .

As a side note : there was one of the rare 1982 SSP Mustang hatchback CHP models in Whittier back in the mid-late 80's . It was a retired unit ; but it was still painted black with a white roof ; its doors were painted a semi-gloss black , with traces of its CHP regalia under said paint .

I had no idea just how rare a hatchback SSP was back then , but I did find it to be unusual .

Thanks for sharing these pics and info with us !