Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aluminum Willys Coupe: finished pictures posted 8/2/12

John Teresi

add me to your long list of admirers, you are a model ARTISTE!

I do however have a small nit to pick.... your driveshaft is improperly "timed" and would not survive "real world" use for very long. Universal joint positioning should be mirrored otherwise there would be vibrations at higher speeds.

add me to your long list of admirers, you are a model ARTISTE!

I do however have a small nit to pick.... your driveshaft is improperly "timed" and would not survive "real world" use for very long. Universal joint positioning should be mirrored otherwise there would be vibrations at higher speeds.

Mike.......thank you for the tip.......that is good to know.......believe it or not.......when I attached the drive shaftt to the axle and engine......I thought to put the joints in the same position but,i over looked it :( ......one of my weak points not paying close attention to what I am doing.........thanks.

I'm fairly sure you must have gotten distracted by something SQUIRREL!!! because you saying you weren't paying close attention to what you're doing just doesn't seem to jive with the models we've seen you produce.

PS. there have been a few other builders here that have not timed their driveshafts correctly either. ;)

Edited by blunc

I'm fairly sure you must have gotten distracted by something SQUIRREL!!! because you saying you weren't paying close attention to what you're doing just doesn't seem to jive with the models we've seen you produce.

PS. there have been a few other builders here that have not timed their driveshafts correctly either. ;)

Mike......funny you say that......Squirrell`s have recently invaded my backyard :P

MAN! THIS LOOKS BEAUTIFUL JOHN

JOHN, IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING, IS EVERYTHING THAT LOOKS CHROME OR SHADES OF SILVER OR GRAYS ALL ALCLAD?

OR DO YOU USE OTHER KINDS AS WELL?

THANKS, TOM

Tom......everything is Alclad.......some is weathered with a light wash of "Folk Art" black and Gray acrylic paint.......thanks.