Model Cars Magazine Forum

The GLUE BOMB Invitational.

DiscoSpud

I have a 55 Chevy that I'd like to enter for this CBP. I pulled it out of my boneyard and will be doing a gasser. This is going to be a quick and simple build to get me motivated again. Heres a pic of it pieced together for a general idea of what I'm shooting for.

Here is another one

IMG_0706-1.jpg

I believe this the Duesenberg Town Car(?)

Anyway, this one is a little farther down the list, but it will be rebuilt

This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for in my trade post..(yes, a shameless plug :lol: )

Enjoy

Cheers, ian

Recently watched Spinout with Elvis Presley again. They use an old Duesenberg as a tow vehicle for a Shelby Cobra race car. Quite a sight.

• 2 weeks later...

I might jump in on this.

I came in to work to find that somebody had anonymously put these on my desk. No notes or anything.

27301123.jpg

They smell like they've been in a damp shed.

The person who attempted it apparently was in over their head. They started gluing it together with no paint and massive amounts of glue. Glue bomb? More like glue nuke!

First up is the prowler. It's damaged beyond repair to make it look good, so I'm going to use it for a prop in the zombie thread and make it a crashed car.

Over all shot

93fd8c64.jpg

Front suspension completely trashed and window frame bent.

9c9a53f1.jpg

Glue bombed interior. The shiny is the glue.

312770eb.jpg

No idea what they were thinking but they destroyed a wheel.

f12f85c4.jpg

And the engine

ab7f6b1d.jpg

The impala is in the same condition sadly.

wow you guys have gotten a lot done since I checked this thread last year LOL. I still have my '66 Riviera, but not much has changed with it. I will try to find the pics of when I bought it, I think I moved them into a different folder on photobucket so they got deleted off of here but I'll try to put them back on. I am going to start working on it again so that I can finally have my first finished model of the year :lol: . Nice job guys!

Here's a few pics of the finished gasser. I just kept it simple, didn't even wire the engine.

gallery_8811_712_806791.jpg

I did whip up a custom firewall from a scrap I found sealing a tin of cashews. The kit wall was pretty much non-existing and booooring.

gallery_8811_712_916969.jpg

And you gotta love personalized plates thanks to Acme plate maker. Almost all my models have em. Luv it!

gallery_8811_712_311312.jpg

Okay, that's done. NEXT! Gotta keep the momentum going.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Weeeeell, I have a few of them. Here are some pics of what I have.

First a 41 Plymouth

Before

41Plymouth3.jpg

After

41Plymouth22.jpg

41 Willys

Before

willys1.jpg

After

willys67.jpg

49 Ford # 1

Before

49Ford1.jpg

After

49Ford58.jpg

I don't know how many pics I can put in one post, so I'll post more in a sec. Thanks fer lookin. :) Dan

Edited by 59 Impala

As promised, here are a few of my previous Glue Bombs:

1960 SMP Corvair 700-Series 4-door sedan annual - My first Glue Bomb restoration:

Black60CorvairAnnualRestoration2.jpg

Another 1960 SMP Corvair 700-Series 4-door sedan annual - a replica of a car I once owned:

DSCN6748.jpg

1967 AMT Corvair Monza coupe annual (converted to a convertible because of body damage at the base of the rear window, concealed by the top boot):

DSCN6745.jpg

1966 AMT Corvair Corsa coupe annual:

DSCN6742.jpg

AMT 1970 Ford Galaxie 4-door sedan - found this one at a flea market for $1:

70FordCustom500JuniorsHighSchoolHotRod1.jpg

AMT 1970 Camaro SS396 annual:

70AMTAnnualCamaroSS396restoration1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

got one piece done for the tailgate....trying to make it more "Realistic" ...it may be a hair to big...but im sure some sanding should take care of it and now gotta do the other side. i think i also have a cowl hood situation thought up...just need the cowl hood off the amt 69 camaro ss kit! (anyone have one there willing to let go pm me)

DSCI1162.jpg

Comments and Criticism welcomed! B)

• 4 weeks later...

I have been enjoying this thread a great deal. I just realized that it's coming up on twelve months since we started this topic and it was set to run a year. I'd vote to keeping it going indefinitely. I've got two more I'm pulling out of the boneyard right now.