Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is the 77 GMC wrecker kit from Revell,converted into an rollback. I hope it came out similar to the real thing,as i never saw one in real life.

I hope u like it and feel free to leave a comment.

post-12168-0-32690100-1394192410_thumb.j

post-12168-0-85460600-1394192411_thumb.j

post-12168-0-64318200-1394192413_thumb.j

post-12168-0-27572500-1394192414_thumb.j

This is a great looking truck....Great execution....You pulled the overall look off, beautifully....I've toyed with purchasing one of these....The only thing stopping me is those plastic tires, but they don't look so bad on yours.....I think I just may go on and grab one.....Just a masterful rendition....It is very typical of what is found around these parts.....You've done very well.....I really like this one.....

Edited by kilrathy10

This is a great looking truck....Great execution....You pulled the overall look off, beautifully....I've toyed with purchasing one of these....The only thing stopping me is those plastic tires, but they don't look so bad on yours.....I think I just may go on and grab one.....Just a masterful rendition....It is very typical of what is found around these parts.....You've done very well.....I really like this one....

This revell reissue GMC comes with rubber tires,at least my did.

Thank you guys for your kind replies.

This revell reissue GMC comes with rubber tires,at least my did.

Yeah, the latest reissue has been modified to use the old Monogram 1:24 Goodyear Tracker A/T tires (with removed sidewall detail) that are also in the GMC plow truck. The original Captain Hook and the later orange tow truck issues have two piece plastic tires.

Now tha must have taken some planning and work!! It looks really great and I appreciate how you lengthened the wheel base just like the real truck would be. I've seen some really pretty builds of deck trucks where the builder never stretched the frame and the rear wheels are 'way too far ahead. In real life, I have actually seen deck trucks like that and it's spooky, to say the least. With the wheel base too short, the truck would be menace on the road because the driver would lose so much steering control when the truck is loaded. If there is a good reason for roadside checks and mandatory inspections on light trucks, it's guys who try to run rigs like that cause more regulation and rules to be set in place. Here in British Columbia, tow trucks have to be at least the rating of an F-450 now. One tons as wreckers are a thing of the past unless you are towing Dumb - I mean, Smart Cars or bicycles. The rules have really gotten extreme.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...