Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 wants to know what you want!

I don't have Facebook but, if someone in agreeance could talk them into pulling out the 94-97 S10 SS kit, adding 98+ mirrors, chrome grille, bumper, dash, door panels, and bench seat or bucket seats for a 2 or 3 in 1 kit...that would be great. Or even throw in a corrected REAL Xtreme front bumper for even more options. The classics will always sell but, let em put that out with all those parts in one box, even at a little higher rate, and watch them fly off the shelves. That would open up the door for the Blazer kit update with Xtreme options (wheels from "Xtreme" kit that's really a "Hugger") and an updated 4WD kit as well. Heck, don't even chrome the grille, just make one extra parts tree with it all. Sorry guys, I know that a lot of older kits are in need of reruns and many just need modded for correctons but, the modern truck sector is lacking something awful right now. OK, my rambling is done.

Edited by Skydime

Well I have given this a lot of thought ever since this topic started, at first I could not come up with a kit that I really wanted to see again. Then I was thinking back when I first started building, the kits I remember so fondly was the AMT Gypsy wagon and the Flameout. It would be such hoot to build these again, I am sure I would buy a couple of these. So Round 2 I will be checking your web site waiting to put my order in.

Round 2 could take their Lindberg 64 Plymouth 2 dr ht and convert it to a 1965 Belvedere 2 dr sedan or Satellite 2 dr ht..All the underpinnings are there..Just make sure the release has a bench seat and steel wheels/dogdish caps as an option..Keep the 383/slant 6 combination...Would be a huge seller...Good to make altered wheelbase cars out of..Let the builder cut up the cars to do so though....

Round 2 could take their Lindberg 64 Plymouth 2 dr ht and convert it to a 1965 Belvedere 2 dr sedan or Satellite 2 dr ht..All the underpinnings are there..Just make sure the release has a bench seat and steel wheels/dogdish caps as an option..Keep the 383/slant 6 combination...Would be a huge seller...Good to make altered wheelbase cars out of..Let the builder cut up the cars to do so though....

I agree with both counts, I'd buy several of the 65 Plymouth kits, and with razor saws and resin aftermarket I'd much rather have stock bodies in the kits!!

I'm not on Facebook. I think they've done great so far. I'm surprised they haven't reissued 1/32 trucks. There is a cult following out there customising diecast and plastic 1/32 trucks, plus it would get some kids into the hobby as most boys love trucks.

Ben

The Last 1/32 they re-issued was the Ertl volvo N10, and AMT Fruehaul refer/Box van trailer.

In regular & Coca-Cola versions.

I have the Coca-Cola issue

I agree, I would get ALL they offered!!!

Esspecially the Ertl International COE Eagle!!!

Also the MACK Superliner, and Ford LN 9000

AND Their Heavy Wrecker!

I am already waiting for Revell/Monogram's next 1/32 Semi!

And I have 20+ of their MACK CF Pumper!!!

I AM still waiting for the Promised Reverse Engineered 63 F-100 though!!!!!!

How Much longer on that one!??????

I would like to see more cars from old TV programs that they have done before under the MPC brand (hope I am right in saying that).

Some thing like the Boss Hogs caddy or reintroducing Cooters tow-truck from the Dukes of Hazzard.

I have the General Lee, Roscos Police car and Dasiys Plymouth. And would love to have the above units to go with them.

I can also think of a few more classic tv show cars that I would love to build.

Thats my twopence worth :-)

I too wish they could find Cooter's Tow truck. That 72 Cheyenne was a little

better than the Modified GMC Shortbox stepside we have gotten the past 4 issues Since the Cooter's release.

As for Boss Hogg's Caddy.....................................

Doubtful!

It would be nice, But likely won't happen

My feelings about Round 2 are probably hated by many as I don't think they care . If they did , we would have actually dug into the vaults and re released some of the annuals and recent one offs like the Subaru . They're playing it "Safe " with stuff that's been re released to near death with new boxes . I dunno, if I were in the plastic molding business considering the economy currently, I would probably do the same thing ...........