Model Cars Magazine Forum

Adhesives for clear glass and other parts?

I am new(er) to the hobby after a 25 year hiatus.

In the past, I've carefully used regular Testors glue to attach windshields and other clear parts.

I've seen many posts on special glues for clear parts, so I picked up a bottle of Testors clear...$5.99...ouch!

In my area, the choices for different glues are limited. Mostly Testors and some Tamiya. (I'm not a big fan of Tamiya products.)

What is your choice for cementing clear parts, and are there any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks so much!!!!

I've been using the Testor's clear part glue for most stuff and Scotch clear glue when I need something with a little more viscosity/quicker setup (like for rear view mirrors or printed license plates). Still not really happy with either though, would prefer something with a stronger bond that won't craze the clear parts.

PoliZap for super glue. Won't fog clear or paint if you are judicious. Great for difficult places as it grips very quickly. Pacer formula 560 canopy glue. White glue, cleans up with water or alcohol and gets tacky very quickly. Both of these are radio control model products so you may have to find an R/C shop. Micro Scale Krystal Klear. Great stuff but it takes a little while to get tacky.