Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drag Racing Build Off

evilone

Thanks for the invite. I would put something together but have too much on my plate at the moment. Shame this wasn't earlier, as I am almost finished with a 10.5 style 66 Nova. I just started a 69 Barracuda running slicks, but wouldn't call it a drag car. After those get finished up I have at Torino to build up for a guy at work. Looks like I have the next couple months filled up.

Good luck guys and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Sounds like fun... ;)

how 'bout aftermarket stuff... :P

I have the funnycar body, blower and top hat from Competition Resins, Slixx Decals and the latest Revell Funnycar kit to build Ron Capp's 2006 Brut Funnycar...have not started - so can provide photos of all parts, etc - gives me a good excuse to build this sucker ;)

can also throw in a plastic model kit for da winner

and

Raul will be hard-pressed to finish this build in the time frame alotted...so he probaly shouldn't be considered the 'slam-dunk winner' as yet... B)

Welp here's what i accomplished so far, I'm goin for the street n strip look, itll have radials on the back and full exhaust.... ok so its a pro street, its still a drag car!

Wheel and tire choice

p1010010.jpg

Cut out the front fender wells and got the blower setup mocked up

P1010011-2.jpg

Got narrowed frame rails from a 57 Chevy street machine and narrowed them even more

P1010012-1.jpg

Adding fender wells from Pro stock firebird

P1010014-1.jpg

I like it!

P1010015-2.jpg

Welp here's what i accomplished so far, I'm goin for the street n strip look, itll have radials on the back and full exhaust.... ok so its a pro street, its still a drag car!

Cut out the front fender wells and got the blower setup mocked up

Got narrowed frame rails from a 57 Chevy street machine and narrowed them even more

Adding fender wells from Pro stock firebird

I like it!

Dirk,

That's not fair!! I haven't even looked through my pile of kits to figure out what I want to build and you're already headed for the finish line!! :P

I guess I better get started! ;)

Ok first of all I will send to the winner one of My Xmas tree kits..

It is a white Metal kit. 25 pieces.. with decals to replicate a chrondek tree.

It is cast By RnD unique as an exclusive for me.

As far as what i have got done.. I Put the Body into the Purple Pond..then when i got home I stripped it and Primed it.. as well as painted some of the Parts for the kit.

Painted parts

In a little while I will go a shoot some Testors Lacquer White on the body.

will Post More pics later.or the next time..

Ok first of all I will send to the winner one of My Xmas tree kits..

It is a white Metal kit. 25 pieces.. with decals to replicate a chrondek tree.

It is cast By RnD unique as an exclusive for me.

As far as what i have got done.. I Put the Body into the Purple Pond..then when i got home I stripped it and Primed it.. as well as painted some of the Parts for the kit.

Painted parts

In a little while I will go a shoot some Testors Lacquer White on the body.

will Post More pics later.or the next time..

Isn't that a Reliable Resin kit?

:lol:

Sorry, Dwayne, just had to do that.

You know I love yah!!!!

Dirk,

That's not fair!! I haven't even looked through my pile of kits to figure out what I want to build and you're already headed for the finish line!! :(

I guess I better get started! :lol:

Haha, i better slow down, ill be done with it too soon! that wouldnt be fun... just sitting around and waiting for the contest to get over... ha, i think this will take a while, i still have to wait for warmer weather to even think about painting most things