Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Mustang

This insurance company says otherwise. Doesn't mean other insurers don't take it into account though.

http://blog.esurance.com/5-car-myths-busted/#.VEFSuPnF9fM

Also, mustangs, camaros and corvettes don't even make it on the top 20 list for how many tickets cars get

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/09/30/vehicles-us-most-tickets/16490255/

All the color-related stuff has been proven to be a myth

Both agents where my wife worked confirmed it. Both companies are nation wide insurance agencies. When my wife worked at the first insurance agency, I was getting a quote on a new F-150. The agent told me, "don't buy a red one, they cost more to insure". He showed me the difference in prices. A red F-150 would have cost me almost $40 more every three months. Same options. Different colors. Obviously, some companies don't believe it's a myth.

Just read in one of the enthusiast magazines about their " press drive" test from Ford. They pointed out that the EcoBoost 4 with much less weight over the front tires greatly improved the handling on the test track. They said that their lap times where better than they would have been with the V-6. For myself I would get the V-8 with the 6-Speed stick, but that's just me. On colors on cars I can tell you from expensive experiences that any car with a bright color is going to get you a ticket faster than a white or gray one. IN the day I had a Hugger Orange '69 Camaro that almost cost me my license. I drove an '86 Monte Carlo SS in white and never gat stopped. My '06 GTO was black and I never got bothered. I now drive a '10 Dodge Charger RT in dark gray and I don't know what it would take to get stopped in that . Even thought it's the older body style some people still move over, as if I might be a state trouper or something. If you feel "Froggy" get it in Candy Apple Red and go for it.

I saw what appeared to be a 2015 Mustang commercial being filmed in Austin this morning. A black Porsche SUV with a giant boom supporting a camera off the back end, filming a candy red Mustang up and down Congress Blvd. There were motorcycle cops halting g traffic at intersections...well, guys on motorcycles, anyway. Maybe not cops.

It would be cool to see Austin in a tv commercial for the new 'Stang. I'll have to watch for it.

Oh yeah- that red paint...wow!

A real muscle car dont matter if its chevy ford or dodge are 2 door and v8 powered not these junk 4/6 cylinder we have today

Don't be so uptight. A turbo 4 or 6 can lay the smack down on a lot of the v8s out there.

Exactly Quick GMC, with Ford's turbo motors, and GM's and Chrysler's 3.6l V-6 engines, those cars can get up and run. I know a guy who had a 3.6l Camaro that had some engine work done and he was running well into the 13's, and it was all naturaly asperated. My Chrysler 200 Touring is factory rated for 283hp and they're usually solid 14 second cars is stock form with the cheap, tractionless factory tires, then if you look at the Camry and Accord models with the V-6, they're right there with the V-6 200's and Avenger in quarter mile times. Some wouldn't call them muscle cars, but they are mid sized cars with some pretty healthy motors in them for their size and weight and capable of trailering what some would consider a muscle car at the strip.

Don't be so uptight. A turbo 4 or 6 can lay the smack down on a lot of the v8s out there.

You ain't kiddin'! I have a good friend that's got a '12 Hyundai Sonata Turbo 4 that will give practically any V8 Mustang a real run for its money!

...........And keep you pinned to the seat to boot! :o

May lay the "smack down" but sounds like a sewing machine while doing it. Nothing compares to the sound of a V8. Buddys Hyundai Genesis is snappy and goes good..... but sounds like a wood plainer.

May lay the "smack down" but sounds like a sewing machine while doing it. Nothing compares to the sound of a V8. Buddys Hyundai Genesis is snappy and goes good..... but sounds like a wood plainer.

Yeah, I really miss the sound of a nice running straight six. I had an '80 Mercedes 250 S sedan (European Model) years ago with a straight six and four speed. I REALLY loved the sound of that as opposed to a V6, which to me some of them sound like tearing paper at full throttle. :wacko:

I agree that there's nothing like the sound of a good old-fashioned V8. Heck, I have one! My current car is an '07 Mustang GT. Even some of my neighbors have told me how they like the sound the car makes. Seriously! The neighbors have complimented me on the sound my car makes!

But there's more to performance that sound. And as much as I like the sound of my GT, there's so much to like about the '15 EcoBoost. It actually has more HP and torque than my '07 V8! It has IRS (something my GT does not have). It has a 6 speed trans (something my GT does not have). And it gets 32 MPG highway (something my GT can not even come close to).

Overall big picture... I'll trade away that "sound" for all the rest of the stuff I'll be getting. Maybe if I was 17 I'd still want that "V8 growl"... but I've gotten to the point where I look more to the overall performance a car has, not just how it sounds when you stand on it. ;)

... On another note, gas prices dropped down to $2.94 a gallon in my neck of the woods..

Hope it keeps on dropping. I got used to having a V-8 under the hood of my cars.. The 2015 will be my 4th new Mustang I've bought since 1988..

The first one was a black stripper LX 5.0 with air and radio delete.. Back then it only cost me $10,400 out the door.. Then came the torch red '91 LX which I still have tucked away with only 60k on the clock and a 5.8L conversion.. Then I bought the '05 droptop which was the 63rd Mustang to roll off the Flatrock assembly line.. Now I'm ready for the new one.. :D :D

COOL-BUT NOT A HELLCAT-LOL

Why on earth would I spend $60,000 on a car with 700 HP to use as my everyday car to drive around town in? That makes as much sense as the people who commute to work in their gigantic crew-cab pickups... driving the thing all alone every day, dragging that huge empty cargo box behind them everywhere they go.

Is a 700 HP car impressive? Sure. Does it make sense to actually own one? Not to me.