Model Cars Magazine Forum

I have been to the Intermodellbau in Dortmund, Germany for the last 5 years straight. Now, it's not actually a swap meet or something like that, but even there, there are people that you smell before you see them. Prices are higher at the shop's stand than in their store. Don't get me wrong, there are some pretty good deals (at least for the 1/24 and smaller scale models) and the sellers are friendly and take their time to help you as best as they can.

Haven't you ever heard of "saving some for later"!?!?!? :lol:

I'm sorry, but being overweight myself, I find that comment quite offensive!! :angry: I don't use electric scooters, but just because one may be overweight, it doesn't mean that is the ONLY reason they may use a scooter. You, in my opinion, are just being crude and judgmental with that statement! You don't know their story or problems, you just see an overweight person in a scooter and think "just another lazy fatBLEEP"! I weight 360 lbs, walk and stand on my own, but with my past, should actually use a scooter sometimes because I have a very bad back thanks to a compression fracture to my L1 vertebrae that I suffered in a fall down steps in December 2012. It is people like you with your narrowmindedness that I would rather suffer through the pain I get in my back that sometimes is so bad I can't move the day after just for some of the most simple things in life even at one time I took for granted like grocery shopping rather than using a scooter and being judged by idiots like you! Take some time to think (that may be hard for some) before you judge, there may be a more serious reason a person is using a scooter to get around!

Well said....

I don't think I mentioned anything about disabilities. morbid obesity (I believe considered at 20# over target weight) is something which is preventable. it's quite often brought on one Snickers at a time. then the additional weight affects joints, stamina, and other abilities, which snowball and then we have type 2 diabetes. can't see it on the outside, but it's there. the "I can't help myself" argument doesn't hold water; usually it's a choice matter.

glad I forgot to mention those who buy lottery tickets - instead of toothpaste.

Comic dealers have been doing this since the very start. In fact, there is now a "Golden Hour" if you will where an hour before the doors open dealers are free to make deals with others and scope out the competition. It is however bad form to bother anyone during set up. Once the announcer says it's OK, you will see a significant amount of action till the doors are officially open.

I worked many a show during the late 80's early 90's and the only one that didn't have it for years and then finally adopted it was Big Apple Con.

Hobby vendors need to adopt this.

Believe me, bad personal hygiene is not limited to those who build models, I will attest to that. I face it every day at work and I have no idea if the offenders realize the situation.

Just the other day at a show, I saw a large fellow, lap full of kits, being pushed in a wheelchair by a woman who was maybe half his mass. Both were seniors. I have difficulty grasping that situation, but we are all free to enjoy whatever pursuits we desire, no matter the cost.

I don't think I mentioned anything about disabilities. morbid obesity (I believe considered at 20# over target weight) is something which is preventable. it's quite often brought on one Snickers at a time. then the additional weight affects joints, stamina, and other abilities, which snowball and then we have type 2 diabetes. can't see it on the outside, but it's there. the "I can't help myself" argument doesn't hold water; usually it's a choice matter.

glad I forgot to mention those who buy lottery tickets - instead of toothpaste.

'Tis a pity we can't all be as close to perfect as thou art.

Just sayin' ... first stones and all that.

2004 NNL MidAtlantic show ......

Lyle and his gang put on their usual well run show and as usual , it was very well attended . Late morning , disaster struck when the the AC unit went on the fritz .... By mid afternoon the show room smelled like a barnyard , literally !

It was so obvious that an editorial was written on the conditions in that room soon afterward . Kathie and I encounter it at every single show that we vend at .........