Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Galaxie Ltd. '46 - '48 Chevrolet Aerosedan

MikeMc

Here's my SD

I loved building this kit

The care taken in positioning the gates on the chrome parts to minimise the impact of them on the finished model and the detail of the parts makes it a winner in my book

I have an Aero on the shelf just waiting.

I have been hoping that Galaxie can raise the money to complete the 34 Chev project that I understand has stalled.

48Chevdelivery.jpg

Chris

I have been hoping that Galaxie can raise the money to complete the 34 Chev project that I understand has stalled.

48Chevdelivery.jpg

Chris

Chris....greetings from across the world. '34 Chevy??? Now that is a choice rumor. But we all know Gary is a real Ford guy....hmmmm.....I'd be overjoyed with just the same body with the '41 Chev front end....Best regards...TIM

As I said in a different thread, a new version of this car will be out in the fall as a five window coupe. I got that from a very reliable source while at a Buick car show/Lionel train exhibit Sunday.

Lord....what other thread are you referring to? Five window coupe, huh? That sounds pretty tasty....TIM

Chris....greetings from across the world. '34 Chevy??? Now that is a choice rumor. But we all know Gary is a real Ford guy....hmmmm.....I'd be overjoyed with just the same body with the '41 Chev front end....Best regards...TIM

Hi Tim

I have a strong recollection of a test shot of a 34 Chev coupe that appeared in SAE (yes .............when it had an E)- but after reading some of the posts here, maybe it was a the 48 coupe version and my memory is just foggy

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've spent over an hour reading this stuff and I can't believe people argue over these kits. They're models for crying out loud, and very good ones at that. I have both kits and will build them in time. As you can see in this pic I do have them.

DSC03232.jpg

Now if you want to discuss dificult models here are two of them, the 46-48 Fords by Testors. I also will build them when I get to them. Everything is in line to get built.

DSC03231.jpg

I enjoy building and I also enjoy this Forum. What I don't like is politics. Please leave politics out of modeling. Enjoy this hobby and all the friends you meet on the different forums, and ignor the ones who try to start arguments. Just my 2cents fellas. Relax and enjoy the hobby. Dan

My project when I get home off this deployment is going to be that L700 with flatbed and cool hotrod potential car. Then finish piecing together the Rubber Duck truck from three Macks to make it acurate and then onto a 1963 White 7000 COE like my dad used to have.

• 1 year later...

Yes, it's reissued in another limited editor (3000?) again. Maybe someone else can chime in with the specifics.

You can also contact MODEL ROUND UP. I don't know why I've taken so long in building one of these, but I do know I would like to have more of them stocked on my shelves.

I guess that's what fuels STYRENE ADDICTION, great kits like this one.

Thanks for the great review of this kit, Doctor! I've been wanting to buy one for long time, but I never had information, what the box includes. It looks and sounds to a very nice kit, so needs to get one.

Not to mention this kit is not a new issue..it's been around continuously for at least 15 years or more...

If you look carefully, you'll see that the Review section is not only for reviewing new kits, it's for reviewing all kits.

And Casey...different people may have a different take on a given kit, so there's no harm done if someone reviews a kit that someone else has already reviewed.

The reason for these "unboxing" videos is to quickly show what is inside of a kit, it doesn't have to be a new kit, of course, but these are often triggered by what I find and compulsively buy at the store. Also, I am staying away from the formal or thorough review of the kits . . . I leave that to other folks.

I just bought a couple more of these.

Guest Johnny

Thanks Virgil! Looks like a great model to build! I'll have to beg MaMa to let me buy it! :lol:

Never ever saw the other thread on this kit. I imagine there are others that have not either! :)

Thanks Virgil! Looks like a great model to build! I'll have to beg MaMa to let me buy it! :lol:

Never ever saw the other thread on this kit. I imagine there are others that have not either! :)

Johnny, that other thread was two years old, so you're not the only one who didn't know it was there.

Better yet, why aren't redundant posts combined to make the info easier to find for fourm members?

Are you volunteering to be the guy who spends many, many hours going through hundreds and hundreds of old topics and combining all the redundant posts? And to keep on doing that day after day after day?

I'll tell you what... I have better things to do with my time.

Thanks for sharing this with us, Doc! This is one kit that I've REALLY wanted for quite some time now, but have yet to get my hands on...

I personally find it "fun and exciting" to open up a kit and go through it's contents. A lot of the newer kits on my shelves have been taken out of the box, gone through, and then neatly put back, multiple times.

I hope this doesn't come off as a little strange, but... when I have to spend some time on the potty, I almost always bring a kit or two in with me and "un-box" it. Sometimes, it's just to check out the cool and brand new parts, and other times, it's to brainstorm and come up with ideas for when I finally do build it.

There's no magazine rack in my bathroom. LOL... I usually just check out my models instead! My wife finds it to be quite humorous... and definitely weird. :lol:;)

Hmmm...got to worry about losing parts in the loo or sink, though... I've learned from experience not to open kits on the sofa or bed, because parts disappear on their own or the furkids abscond with them...

Edited by Rob Hall