Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Street fighter, Bad Actor, Quicksilver

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do YOU like best ?

• Street Fighter
    • Quicksilver
    • Bad Actor
    • Street Fighter Two

I picked up a Street Fighter for $5 last year at a Downriver Club meeting.I'm not really into Tom Daniel's stuff or show rods but for the price I couldn't go wrong.I'll build it some day and probably change some things on it.

Edited by ZTony8

The original Street Fighter is the only version of this kit I ever really liked. I never had a original, but a good friend did. I lusted over that kit in my younger days, so I was very happy when they reissued that kit back in its original form a couple of years ago. I built mine to look just like the box art. One of the first kits I ever used Tamiya lacquer on. The paint looks so good and smooth, my friend who had the original initially thought I had not painted mine. A great kit. A little simplified in features. But, it goes together well. One of Tom Daniel's best designs.

Scott

They're all very cool kits (Surprising that I say this, huh :lol: ?) but my favorite is that Bad Actor. I've always liked the box art so much and the fact that it has clear windows is great. I can't wait to build one of those kits with a proper engine & interior & chassis detail. Some day, some day...

I have one of them--I think it's a Bad Actor (reissue?). It's molded in off-white.

I hope to build it, if I can ever get the front end to fit to suit me. That done, I plan to make some changes. The bodywork over the side exhausts has to go. I'm going to de-rake the inaccurate B pillars to vertical, and I might reshape the rear wheel openings to something closer to stock.

In short, I'm going to try to "de-Daniel" at least some of it, and build it more "Snakestyle." B):lol:

Funny how the El Camino has the "B" pillars slanted and the Delivery doesn't. http://www.jtmtirealignment.com/images/164.JPG

I think the kit's B pillars slope forward more than the Elky's--pure custom. If they had the Elky angle, and were more or less parallel to the rear roof pillars, I might leave them stock. The way they are, they just look goofy--to me, anyway.

Edited by Snake45

The first street fighter is the best version but the Quicksilver is a close second ,I always wanted a real 1:1 of the street fighter

The original had purple Badnews decal and for some stupid reason Monogram puts in black one in the latest version !

And getting rid of the lettering on the tires makes it that much more toy like,my 2 cents.

Anyone besides me feel like this model both in 1:1 and 1/24, the wheel base is too short? Like the rear wheel opening should be moved back three inches or so? :wacko:

Never noticed that before, but I think you might be right! :blink:

Nobody has pointed out the completely rigid rear suspension (ladder bars are attached to the frame at both ends, with no room for movement). That said, the original Street Fighter and Quicksilver are both cool, the Bad Actor just a bit less so. I wish they'd done the reissue Street Fighter decals in the right color, though. I'd like to graft the custom touches (side pipes, front and rear treatment, rear wheel flares) onto a Monogram '60 Impala hardtop...