Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I got an AMT 75 Corvette off ebay, this is just about my favorite body style of vette with the cove rear window and without the chrome bumper. I'm going to combine this with the front and rear bumper covers from an 82 vette kit so I have the cove window with the molded in rear spoiler, a combo that was never offered from the factory, and the front air dam.

$T2eC16NHJGwE9n)ySfF8BQowlsHOP!~~60_57.JPG

Yesterday, i got a RM '68 Corvette convertible. I just about have all the gens covered. I just got a notice that an ebay purchase is out for delivery. '69 Chevelle. Now if the Modelhaus '68 conversion gets here i will have my next start.

Joe.

$(KGrHqJHJDkFBpinyI4vBQc29wzbR!~~60_57.JPG$(KGrHqR,!iwFBL1s,wgrBQjv4YYpog~~60_57.JPGGot a couple more MPC '71 GTXs (brings my total up to a dozen) along with some other neat buildups including an original 68 Charger annual, Dart wheelstander, and a Firebird. Also picked up a '73 Vette coupe to fill a hole in the "collection"- thought I was only missing a '61 now but just realized I'm also missing the MPC '74 coupe

$T2eC16NHJIIE9qTYI1gCBQcN-hw,Cg~~60_57.JPG

Another buy off eBay, it's probably the dearest model car kit I've ever bought, but I've been looking one for a while now ...this one's the full detail kit including the turbine engine, I could have bought the skill 1 kit, which was basically a un-built promo and there £20 plus

post-2058-0-07859600-1354035713_thumb.jp

Another buy off eBay, it's probably the dearest model car kit I've ever bought, but I've been looking one for a while now ...this one's the full detail kit including the turbine engine, I could have bought the skill 1 kit, which was basically a un-built promo and there £20 plus

post-2058-0-07859600-1354035713_thumb.jp

Remember to test fit everything on it--before and after painting....most had fit issues but could be fixed.

Remember to test fit everything on it--before and after painting....most had fit issues but could be fixed.

Thanks for the info' I pretty much do that with all my builds anyway, I have heard about the fir problems of some of the Jo-Han models, but it's a car that I have always like the look of, and the Chrysler Turbine was made the year I was born .....

The replacement R35 GTR body came today, now, I am trying to figure a couple of things out, one , I ordered one body, front and rear fasica, I got one body, and three front and rear fascia's lol, the other thing I am trying to figure out is, the body is molded in white , the front and rear fasica'a are molded in grey, hmmm

ao2.jpg

ao1.jpg

ao3.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

I Just picked up the new '62 Corvette at my LHS . It looks really nice !

Any of you in Tampa should go by Charlie's Hobbies on W. Waters Ave . His selection of kits is better than Michaels and his prices are alot better than Hobby Lobby ( an hours drive for me ) .

000_0008-2.jpg

000_0009-1.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...