Model Cars Magazine Forum

tamiya rc semi ?

I know the Knight Hauler is a good kit. Expensive though. And you need to buy a separate 4 channel remote. As far as I know, you have to build the whole kit, including the motor. I would research it more. Semi Joe on here builds a lot of 1/14 scale trucks. That's the scale for Tamiya's semi's. Hopefully this helps. Here are some pics. The first one is a stock one. The rest are custom ones. I like the second and third one.

post-12293-0-63331800-1405747236_thumb.j

post-12293-0-11828100-1405747266_thumb.j

post-12293-0-45085400-1405747274_thumb.j

post-12293-0-79490100-1405747284_thumb.j

This is one thing I'd like to try some day, especially after seeing the new Cascadia kit! From what you built, Marcay, I just might make a move! Very nice! I like the fact that you can make these move around, add lights and even engine brake and horn sounds. And being at a bigger scale makes it sweeter too.

Actually, the Tamiya scale is 1/13.5. They are all great kits, if not every expensive when fully decked out with all of the options.

The choice is whether you are into Euro or American trucks.

One of the complains I have is with the trailers. The length and dimensions of the trailers are wrong for North American style trailers. There is at least one after market builder that offers really accurate trailers.

http://customrctrailers.com/

one.jpg

eleven1.jpg

pict0001-0021.jpg

pict0004-001x.jpg

hi Chuckyr

its true ,US tamiya trailer are too shorts and not realistics (small 40' with frame)

your trailers are so ...incredible. for à french guy and a little too much expensive with shipping to Europe !!! lol

but I made my own dryvan 53' frameless like a Greatdane Champion CL

her lenght is 1,14 meter (I don't know how to convert in feet and inch). she is very simply

the width is 185 mm and the hight is 305mm (a little too hight)

you can follow her construction on my blog

my dreams are a cattle trailer or a movin van to make one of the big US movin company (Mayflower, Allied, Northamerican )

I bellong this trailers in 1/87 scale

For all US trucks friends, excuse my english

so long

Thierry

Thierry, your RC trucks are very nice! I just love that Cascadia, I might be tempted to get one of these later! Chuck, those trailers are drop dead gorgeus, they really look like the real thing. When I decide on building a Tamiya RC, this guy is building the trailer to put behind it!

So, to go back to Redneckrodder's question, how easy or difficult are these thing to build? And what other Equipment do you need to buy to get these running?

Edited by BigBad

from what I have seen around the 'net', these things are really expensive, or have I just been looking in the wrong places? would love to build one.

am familiar with r/c, maybe I just need to gut my losi mini t and stuff the electronics in an amt or revell rig :D

from what I have seen around the 'net', these things are really expensive, or have I just been looking in the wrong places? would love to build one.

am familiar with r/c, maybe I just need to gut my losi mini t and stuff the electronics in an amt or revell rig :D

I know a guy who had a project like that going on, but he was using the 1:16 Revell Pete. I'll have to get back with him and see if he ever made that work.

James both the Globeliner and the Kinghauler are gineric trucks. Ive made my king hauler into a Kenworth W900 if you search for R/C kenworth w900 you should be able to find some pics of it. Im also scratchbuilding a Mack R700 L there are some pics of that on here somwhere too . They do get very expensive though, Ive put over £1000 :o in to my rig and its still not finished . Which ever one you deside to get a you will soon descover that they are both to short ,most people get new longer chassis rails and a longer driveshaft. You will need a transmiter/resever and two servos to get a truck up and running .You can get a light and sound unit called a Multi Funtion Unit (MFU) plus there is a lighting kit for the trailers too . There is a lot of R/C rigs on this site www

.r/ctruckandconstrution.com . Lots of venders and help there too. I hope this helps you a bit if you need more help PM me ;)

Dave B)