Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model t, Model A, retro rod build

blazefox

I like how this one's coming together, and you really oughta send pics to Ken & Keith @ Rolling Bones when it's done. Minus the channel, you've nailed their style.

Thanks! Sending pics to Ken and Keith is a great Idea! I put a small channel so I wouldn't have to extend the hood so much. (The body is actually racked more in the front than rear)

i actually joined these forums early this morning after thumbing through this thread as well as the CBP Fox thread and i think this place with community builds like this will keep me motivated...haven't modeled in years but i picked up the AMT 3-n-1 2 car kit and this is what i have so far. I also expect to see the 93 cobra, 92 lowrider, and 85 SVO i got off ebay this morning in a week or so. until then this will be my focus model as well as diggin out all my old projects and blowing the dust off them.

Well on with the pics:

IMG_20120315_165652.jpg

IMG_20120315_190246.jpg

Doesn't seem like much but carving the tires to fit the wheels is time consuming and they still didn't turn out perfect but they will do for my first rig back into the hobby and get me warmed up for my coupe project.

Also note I'm out of work from a huge wreck around christmas so I'll have lots of progress pics!

I've been fighting off one of the worst colds I've ever had, But am managing to get some stuff done. 3c89ed22.jpg

e2878de2.jpg

5785bd8a.jpg

f52d8b7c.jpg

The body is still a little tacky (Testors red enamel, decanted, thinned 2:1, sprayed through my Paasche Talon) so I didn't want to handle it too much for these mock up shots. Few more days, I'll give the body a quick once over with some 2000 grit, then hit it with duplicolor clear.

Edited by Chris M

had to fight with the engine today got the color wrong twice finally settled on this

IMG_20120316_233536.jpg

IMG_20120316_233519.jpg

and the chrome is taking a while to strip

finally got the front end parts stripped and that's when i made the decision to strip the entire chrome sprue so i'm going to let it sit in bleach all day tomorrow as i heard it was a more effective process

here's a parting shot for now until i get all the chrome stripped and carry on with the building maybe some small stuff tomorrow

IMG_20120317_020446.jpg

Edited by drpndstroy

blaze i see we're doing the same kit did you find out where the distributor goes for the wires?

Ther is a distributor if you are useing blower on crome tree. It will fit under blower but for three carb setup its built in look a motor asembally instructions and READ the discripsion CAREFULLY cuz insuructions are hard yo read.

Next im doing unchopped version or a 36 ford coupe

Edited by blazefox

I'm guessing you guys are referring to the MAGNETO under the front of the blower...call me crazy but how would you wire it?

at any rate I got all the chrome stripped today and got most of the body work done and in primer once it cures fully gonna hit it with 800 wet and then color it a yellow-orange metallic type color (using candy so I'm shooting for for the yellow side of the color but it could vary) and then make a decision on flat or gloss clear depending on how the color turns out.

anyway primed body teasers for now...hope to have more progress to show later tonight

IMG_20120317_171623.jpg

missed a bit of flash around the trunk trim gonna fix it before paint.

IMG_20120317_171640.jpg

until later keep carving and remember it's all about fun

Edited by drpndstroy