Model Cars Magazine Forum

Latest news from Revell

SteveG

I'm interested in two of them, the Impala and the Olds ;) .

It's not lost on me that every one of these new announcements is an antique.

I'm an antique, but I don't think like one. Not quite yet, at least :)

I'd sure be happy if the next batch of announcements from Revell included the ZR1, CTS-V, 2010 Camaro SS, 2010 Mustang.

Edited by Zoom Zoom

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of modern subjects, but I'm looking forward to the 72 Cutlass and the 66 Impala. the 72 Cutlass should open the door to some future releases (a new tool 1969 Chevelle SS would be awesome)

Dave, that's what made me laugh at the picture. That ain't nuthin but a 68 Dart with a Hemi in it! THAT does NOT constitute a REAL LIVE HEMI DART!!!!! They didn't mod the rear wheelwells, Which was a dead giveaway to a factory HD. Wonder if they'll mod the drive train ? It SHOULD be runnin a Dana rear end, not the 8 3/4 rear that's in the present Dart kits. Yeah, I'm with you on this one,and I really hope it IS an actual Hemi Dart! :D

Aww c'mon Shane, you KNOW a lil thing like what we mentioned sure AIN'T gonna stop ya from building one!!! You KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!! :D:D:P

I guess if we let petty little inaccuracies in kits keep us from building NOTHING would get built right... :D

I'm interested in two of them, the Impala and the Olds :D .

It's not lost on me that every one of these new announcements is an antique.

I'm an antique, but I don't think like one. Not quite yet, at least :P

I'd sure be happy if the next batch of announcements from Revell included the ZR1, CTS-V, 2010 Camaro SS, 2010 Mustang.

Glad to know i'm not the only one wishing for more modern subjects...and modern subjects other than ones with a prancing horse on them..

I'm interested in the Model A but thats it... I'd love to build a new zr1, a Veyron, and some of the other more modern cars, but oh well... maybe eventually we will see some of these..

Gray

That '37? (looks more like a '38 in the photo) Ford pickup will most definitely be meeting my workbench. The '72 Cutlass would as well, if it weren't a convertible. Yeah, I know, I'm one of the 30 or 40 people on Earth who'd rather opt against a drop top. Maybe I'll get my hardtop '72 Cutty somtime down the road. The rest of what I could see I was either lukewarm or totally apathetic about, but that doesn't mean one or two of THOSE won't end up in my grubby little mitts!

Still no damned '87 Cutlass, as far as I saw! :D I know it's little more than a glorified curbside, but my attempt to make one from an MPC Class Action Monte Carlo ended in complete and all-encompassing failure!!!!

I'm interested in two of them, the Impala and the Olds :rolleyes: .

Add in the G8 GXP and '10 Shelby GT500... same thought---where are the new cars??? Though I'm definitely looking forward to the Impala and Olds. Though I have the AMT '66 Impala already, and can get the Olds in resin.

That '37? (looks more like a '38 in the photo) Ford pickup will most definitely be meeting my workbench. The '72 Cutlass would as well, if it weren't a convertible. Yeah, I know, I'm one of the 30 or 40 people on Earth who'd rather opt against a drop top. Maybe I'll get my hardtop '72 Cutty somtime down the road.

That will be easy enough to make with this kit plus an AMT '70 Monte Carlo for the roof and some bodywork.

Hey, I was too busy manufacturing Custom Van accessories when the Monogram 1926 Mack Tanker came out origionaly with those neat Texaco decals too!. I had both a 65 Chevrolet and a 66. I swore by both cars too, probably the best ones I ever owned ! The only problem I ever had awas the glass leaked on both. O K G M finially learned how to install glass that did better ............. The Cutlass, I will probaby buy one of simply to have in my collection . I think that the 68-9's were far prettier but hey, thats my opinion. Ed Shaver

Count me in for the Impala !! I have the 1:1 and She's a beaut! Gotta sell her tho :rolleyes: Economy Sucks! Hope to get 30 gs for her !! At least revell will give me somethin to remember her by!!

Edited by lioniz

I'm excited to see the 72'olds and the 66'impala hope that they sell lots,maybe it will open the door for more new releases in the future.I would love to see new releases of the new camaro,ZR-1 and the 2010 mustang as well,but the market is kinda flooded with variants of those kits already.

Hmmm..........Nice list there!

I'd like the '66 Chevy and the '72 Olds as well! I hope Revell doesn't cheap out and neglect to include an uptop for the Olds. :rolleyes:

Interesting to see the Big Tub back too...............now what do I do with the two that I have? I've got a built one and an original unbuilt in the box. I'll have to get some more shelf space to put 'em! :rolleyes:

Now if they could just give us some new cars! I'd love to see the new ZR-1, Corvette Grand Sport, Saturn Sky, Cadillac CTS..................

the '57 looks interesting. if this is based off the "new" 150 kit then what's up with the Bel Air trim? did Revell also tool up an alternate body?

Dave

I didn't notice it was different until someone pointed it out...I guess new side trim and badging for the 150, maybe new interior parts to do a Bel Air? Interesting...