Model Cars Magazine Forum

Latest news from Revell

SteveG

wow the big tub! what a surprise! but i see from the photo there are no 4 wheel cycle fenders. wonder if those are included? any other parts included ala the big deuce reissue?

couple of other cool ones there too, but nothing that really gets me going. maybe that hemi dart.

Would somebody, SOMEBODY(!) convince Revell to release their slotcars in 1/25 or 1/24. Even if it was just a body kit. Every one that they have issued (i.e. Greenwood Wide Body Corvette, T-70, etc) are all subjects I would buy multiples of. And let me add to the chorus of more modern cars. CTS-V, BMW M Versions, AMG Mercedes-maybe a co-production agreement with Revell DE. I sure can spend their money for them.

>Agreed, but didn't the most recent Big T reissue have pretty much all of the Big Drag parts except for the blower?

i dont think so, there was a lot more to the big drag than the blower i think. most or all of the stuff was available in those parts packs such as the center seat roll bar, the moon tank, steering wheel and a number of other parts...headers had to have been special(?) plus i think the floorboard is different but maybe not. if all that stuff came out in a recent big t, then i missed it and gotta find one!

from http://www.revell.com/catalog/products/85-2622.html

1:8 Ford "T" Big Tub Plastic Model Kit

Product ID: 85-2622

Overview

Skill Level 3

Scale: 1:8

Description

The "Big Tub" is a neat combination of the old and new created to produce a unique show-go phaeton. From its rare tub of a 1924 Ford touring sedan, cycle fenders, fine custom accessories and its contoured bucket seats, it is a hot rod builder's dream car.

Optional building versions to make the "Big Tub" or an Early Hot Rod, each with unique parts.

Modern V-8 engine with three carburetors, quick-change rear end and large side exhaust. Steerable front wheels, Chopped "T" or '32 Ford grille shells and top up or open.

Choice of steel wheels with baby moons or 5 spoke mags. Vintage big and small tires along with drag slicks and wide white wall inserts.

Decals with retro "Big Tub" and hot rod graphics, plus flames and pin striping.

Molded in orange, white, black, silver and clear with chrome plated parts and soft black tires. Ignition wiring, tubing for fuel and brake lines plus rubber fan belt material.

end quote.

cycle fenders, check. same horrid orange color plastic, check. cool azz decal sheet, check. "fine custom accessories", check.

i will take two.

profilefromrightfrontloto5.gif

rearwidefromaboveyt6.gif

Edited by jbwelda

I find it funny seeing all these posts about new cars. It's all just a bunch of letters, and aside from the Mustang, I couldn't identify a one of them!

I am happy with this news. I bought an original unbuilt AMT 66 Convertible a few years back, IIRC paying $90 for it, and at that it's got some issues, tire mark melted in, chassis broke, and some parts painted but still on the trees. Seeing this hardtop makes me happy, I will be in for at least one, perhaps two, one to be factory stock, and one to be a mild custom.

If, amazingly, the hood should fit into the AMT annual's hood hole (?) I will need a third for parts alone! (I can fix the tire mark on the hood, but I have not yet)

The 72 Olds...hmm...I will probably only get one of them. I'm not a big convertible fan, I think I've built less then a handfull. 3 I think! Still, I love to check out a new tool when I can!

I'll probably get one of the 57 Chevrolet, if the body style is actually something I don't have yet. I'm going to wait until it's actually out before I am sure.

I agree with Larry, in this instance, that I can't believe they have never done a convertible! Even though I'm not big on them, I have to imagine it would sell incredibly well, and yes, even I would get one!

The 30 Fords, oh yeah, for sure. Even though it is a classic kit, I don't have one and I will have to add that one in to my stash.

For the 60 Impala, I will probably end up with one of them, as I want to build two and only have one of the original issue; this one will likely become the car Bobby Allison made his Grand National debut in in 1961.

That 37 Ford looks like a 38 to me. I missed the 37 pickup the first time it was issued so I will get it this time.

I will be passing on the rest.

Ser-weeeet !!

Hey, I'll be the first to raise my hand and say, "I wasn't overly interested (duh !) in this (Big Tub) when I saw it announced"........................SAY WHAT !!!

To be honest, I had no idea "what" it was......I read where people were getting real excited by it, and thought......why ?............

NOW I KNOW............................... B):D;)

Growing up downunder, back in the 60's..we missed out on a lot of the new releases you guys got.....and I was only into 1/25 at that stage in life.....

Geez....it was years before I even saw a 1/12 kit...... :lol:

Ok, I'm down for one of these Big Tub's now......I'll save it for later..... ;)

• 7 months later...

So....has the Revell '57 hit store shelves yet? I really haven't heard any buzz about this one on the forum. :(

85-4251.jpg

I wonder if "Decal with factory stock markings..." means the trim insert will be done with a decal, allowing for a 210 as suggested above?

here's what Revell COULD do to make a halfway decent Hemi Dart, no idea on what they've done or are planning on doing.

new floor pan section for the interior without the center console and no rear seat. new door panels with the window regulators removed. no need to add the strap detail for the window as you have to choose to engrave the panel with it up or down. easy to do it with the strap up to replicate a car with the windows down since there is not door glass included in the kit. also a set of A-100 style Bostrom seats and lightweight brackets as well as the early Hurst "box" style Shifter.

doing it as an automatic makes the current 8 3/4 rear axle acceptable and makes use of the tooling in place already for the big-block and 727 combo. wanna tool up a 4-speed version? then a Dana 60 rear axle will be necessary and something that will need to be tooled(borrow this from the '68-'69 Charger kits) doing a 4-speed also requires a new floor pan section with the 4-speed hump and a Hurst Competition Plus shifter.

new smooth rear trunk panel. Hemi Darts had no trim across the back of the trunk. this will mean for Revell tooling up a new body or filler piece for the trunk as well as a rear bumper/taillight assembly. the body is necessary anyways to get us the "correct" Hurst modified rear wheel openings.

newly tooled flat hood with the unique Hemi hood scoop.

newly tooled cross ram intake and Holley carbs as well as Hemi heads and Hooker headers. add to those Holley's the correct style flat velocity stacks.

newly tooled 14" for the front and the unique to the Hemi Dart 15" rear rims with the correct offset and domed center as well as appropriate tires. an optional set of period "racing mags" would be nice as well as expected. rear slicks already exist in Revells inventory that will work and be appropriate.

keep this one generic in it's racing livery and give the builder the option of the "factory delivered" version in grey primer and black gelcoat. period correct racing contingencies and some nice artwork like the Nova, '68 Charger and recent '64 Fairlane kits for lettering and names. let Slixx handle the decals for the famous and well known cars.

Dave

While I agree 100% with your suggestions, Dave, I can't help but think this kit is a Catch 22 of sorts for Revell. Do they do it as correctly as possible (including a new body with the correct rear wheel arches), or close enough? I think the latter, at least judging by the picture Revell has been using to promote this kit:

rmx4217.jpg

And seriously, has ANY kit EVER included a 4-speed hump? :D Can you imagine the box top teaser- "Includes both 727 and A-833 transmissions, with a correct 4-speed hump for the A-833. :P

It looks like it's going to wear a set of Cragar S/S wheels, too. I wonder if they're going to use the Hemi and related drag parts from the '67 GTX/Coronet R/T/'68 Charger in this kit, too... :(

Uhhhh, a 426, the ONLY hemi you could GET in one?????smile.gifwink.gif

Technically, it will be a 2'n'1 Special Edition release, so it may also have the RB big block engine. I'm guessing the hoodscoop from the '68 Charger (first used on the Dick Landy Charger kit?) will be included with the Hemi Dart, too.

Revell1stHalf2010Releases3-vi.jpg

Edited by Casey

Lots of great kits coming soon :angry: Any idea when that `62 Impala is coming out? I sure buy at least one, just becouse `62 models are my favourites from 60`s full size Chevys :huh: Dart and `55 Chevy are in my target too. Oh and that `66 Impala, so lots of money burning again on this year, GREAT :lol:

I don't have any info new info on the Hemi Dart but rumor has it the the 62 Chevy Impala HT is getting close to being released. I thought the test shot of it I saw at I-Hobby Expo looked very good. I think Round2 really missed the boat by not doing it first based on the Convertible kit.

-Steve