Model Cars Magazine Forum

1978 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

Nick Winter

Bought this kit in December, just finished it now, started it around January. Revell Re-issue from last fall. Plastikote primer, Duplicolor GM Cardinal Red, Duplicolor Clear, Scratch X 2.0 Polish. BMF, Some LLumar 1:1 Window Tint, Monogram '69 GTO Rallye II's. I'm pleased with it, still have some very small things to do, for now.

GEDC2505.jpg

GEDC2503.jpg

GEDC2506.jpg

GEDC2507.jpg

GEDC2508.jpg

GEDC2509.jpg

GEDC2510.jpg

GEDC2512.jpg

GEDC2513.jpg

Nick

Nice job Nick! The only flaw I see is that it looks like you have air shocks on all 4 corners but if I remember correctly, that is an inherent problem with the kit. I like the wheels, never did like those snowflake wheels that came on those cars.

Your skills continue to improve and impress, keep at it!

That's a real beauty ! Reminds me of the 1:1 I had new in '77 . Bright red T/A with no screamin chickin on the hood !

I also never liked the honeycomb wheels on them . Yours are a nice change . Is that window tint easy to use ?

Thank you everyone, I seen a '76 T/A in Cardinal Red last fall and I loved the look of it, so I built this car nearly Identical but using the '78 kit.

Bob, the window tint does have a bit of a learning curve to it, but I had my buddy who I got the tint from, Torie (owns FX Tint), show me how to use it.

Nick

Edit: Bruce- It will have my native plates soon enough (Ontario).

Edited by Nick Winter

That looks like a "Jersey" style car to me. I can see J-Woww and "the situation" cruising around in it... :lol:

I actually live minutes away from where the show was filmed. The boorish yahoos of "Jersey Shore" in NO WAY represent the year-round inhabitants. But yeah, the car does look like something I've seen in real life around here.