Model Cars Magazine Forum

A new catagory I have been working on. Fantasy Stock.

Ron Hamilton

What I am building is a model of a car that the guys at the factory did (or could have done) in their "skunkworks" dept. The car is could have possibly been built on the assembly line, as it has all factory parts on it (289/271 engine in a '64 Falcon Sprint), but for some reasons, the bean counters wouldn't let them do it, or it would appeal to a fringe group. Some of the parts either didn't show up on the particular series of car during the year of the car, but offered in the future (within a couple of years)or offered on another model within the division.

I'm not telling you what the car I'm building is, but it's going to be something not seen every day, and is built from a rare (old) kit (really). It will be painted in a factory paint combination, using factory upholstery, but not necessarily from the division. (Think of a Ford LTD, with a Lincoln exclusive paint color and leather upholstery).

Think of the one-of-one 1968 Z28 convertible the factory boys built for Pete Estes at GM, or one of Henry Ford II's Mustangs. All stock parts(the best factory pieces available), not customized a lot (interior trim/material upgrade, maybe), and possibly could have been done on the assembly line if a customer was crazy enough to pay for it. I'm quite sure someone could have did one at home, or through a dealer with enough of an imagination, or cubic bucks)

Edited by Ron Hamilton