Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratch-built 1929 Auburn

E St. Kruiser50

I decided to split this off from the thread with the '50 Lincoln. I'm sure most people here aren't interested in a "Stock" classic like this, but for those who are, it'll be fun to share :P .

The "Real" original car was built in 1928, then shown March 5th, 1929 at the Los Angeles Car Show with 320 other cars, in a huge Ringling Bros. style tent. Many were proto-types and hand made cars like this Auburn, and all were destroyed in a historical blaze, that ended the dreams of many car companies and coach builders.

Thankfully there are men out there with deep enough pockets and an incredible appreciation for a car like this, that after researching this car, took on the huge project of replicating it 1 to 1, building it in 1985. Then later in 1992, another gentleman, built a stunning phantom open top version.

What amazes me is that the car was only around a short while, and these incredible men were able to create such magnificent works of art for us to enjoy and appreciate for ourselves today.

2008_0329Photobucket1.jpg

2008_0401Photobucket1-1.jpg

2008_0118ebay20070033.jpg

Edited by Treehugger Dave

Beautiful piece of work and crafstmanship there! I agree completely with your description of the era these type of cars came from. Well done :P

Thanks Ron :D

Yes, amazingly wonderful styles of auto art that we'll never see again, from a bygone era. Glad we have the history books and photo's to bring those days back to us.

Good to hear from you Ron.

Dave