Model Cars Magazine Forum

Touchy, Touchy Terms

Just ran across another one. "Puddy" Its "putty" and used on wood. For cars its "body filler" or "body putty" oooooo :o Sorta like the "Camero" threads. Its "Camaro" ya morons!

This is putty. It never dries. dont ask me why I know.

Minwax%20Wood%20Putty.JPG

This is filler. It cures.

411Jj%2BW7TNL._SS500_.jpg

scene7spacer.gif

Edited by Draggon

When I was in grade school I had a friend who's dad insisted on calling the building with books inside a "Libary" (as in lie berry). The worst part being we all had the postal zip code of the closest town...Library, PA. I often wondered if the Library in the township building was in fact Libary's Libary to him.

When I was in grade school I had a friend who's dad insisted on calling the building with books inside a "Libary" (as in lie berry). The worst part being we all had the postal zip code of the closest town...Library, PA. I often wondered if the Library in the township building was in fact Libary's Libary to him.

Thats pretty funny. The G/F calls it a lieberry too, but shes just trying to be cute. She also calls being tired being "tiggered" but shes read too much Poo.

That's y'all. Git'er write dagnabit! :D

Aren't there two b's in "dagnabbit?"

Main Entry: dagnabbit

Part of Speech: interj

Example: Dagnabbit, where's my cell phone?

Etymology: based on "dang rabbit," said by the character Elmer Fudd in Bugs Bunny cartoons

Usage: euphemism

Edited by sjordan2

I was gonna say that!

LOL, OMG, BFF, AIIK, WTF, IMHO, ROTFLMAO, they all used to really bug me. I'm not much of a computer guy. GMAFB!

Oooh. I figured out what GMAFB means. Go sit in the corner. LOL.

PS: AFAIIK should be AFAIK. (At least, AFAIK.)

Edited by sjordan2

How about the overuse of apostrophe's (sic)?

I predict there could be a world shortage in 2013 because writer's (sic) are using them in the wrong place's (sic).

And how about New Year's that I see so often at this time of year? New Year's Eve? New Year's Day? New Year's Resolution to not misuse the apostrophe??

One that drives me nuts is my father pronounces a 2-wheeled powered vehicle a "motorcicle" (rhymes with popsicle) instead of cycle. I axe him not to but he just tells me to clean the chimley at the libary.

At least you donn gots to clean the "chimBley" My parents gots a Chimbley and tolded me to clean it. I tolded them they's gots to axe me niceley, and stuff.

This is the funniest thread ever, and stuff.

Went to the urban dictionary. My dad called me goopy and I never understood. Seems it means dopey or brainheaded. Coming from Chi-Town it seems we had a language all our own. Front room for living room, pop for a carbonated beverage, El for the elevated train, brewski for a beer, and couch for sofa. You should understand Harry. Oooo, I'm in trouble when my son calls me "dude"

Edited by Draggon

I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride my motorcicle

And I don't want a tickle, I just wanna ride my motorcicle

And I don't wanna die, I'd much rather ride on my motorcy ...... cle

And,no, I still don't know the significance of the pickle