Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nightmare Kits CBP - aka Masochistic Modelers Anonymous

Jantrix

A little update on my '86 Camino, after sanding, sanding and sanding I decided to try how it looks in color. It's Maston spray paint and the paint job turned out Okay. I'm going to do light wetsand and then it will look better. Clearcoat still to come, too. Also I've made some rough sanding with the chassis, more of it coming later...

DSCN05821.jpg

DSCN05831.jpg

DSCN05851.jpg

Hey rmvw guy, your primered '55 has about the worst (best?) case of badass I've ever seen. Love it.

Thanks Ace Garage Guy, It means a lot coming from you. Your Deuce is one of the most killer ones I've seen. Still working on the tube frame and having fun with it. Plan on doing the rear also. The idea now seems to be just having '55 sheet metal which is slowly getting cut away. :lol: The engine is a 350 Chevy out of the Monogram '37 Ford kit. I wanted to keep it 1/24 scale and mated it with the transmission from the '55 kit. I then realized the kit engine is a SBC, even though the "Bad Man " kit calls it a 396. Oh well, the new one has better detail.DSC04281_zps29ba24ef.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy

Moving along...

Basic interior shaped in and power almost complete. I have gone through two headers so far - no luck. Going to try a dragster style exiting the wheel well next.

7FE5EC06-6BED-4CFC-AA37-FEFE9D9224E5-649

I like the way you handled your interior using flat panels, it makes sense. Those headers look killer, what kit did you source them from? I love the bluing effect. Nice progress!

Here'e some progress, roll cage done and first coat of primer..

025_zps95004733.jpg024_zps31ef5c95.jpg

could it be the i roc drag car kit. i found one in my dads old stash he gave me along with the 56 flip nose and a twin turboed camero and the truely awefull revell 55 chev revel gasser