Model Cars Magazine Forum

Opel Kadett

Someone on one of these boards mentioned an Opel Kadett in Resin, Who makes it and are their decals for this kit. The only drag cars I can think of are the Jr. Thompson car and Jack Ditmars Der Mini Brute. By the way the first Funny Car i got to see racing on the track, Alton Dragway circa 1970

Thanks

IMG_2998-vi.jpgIMG_3000-vi.jpgIMG_2999-vi.jpg

I had mentioned that I won an auction on eBay. The seller must be a friend of AFX Wendal because this is his work. I did get it quickly so he must have the item before he lists it. Overall quality is pretty good, no issues with the body.

I bought it hoping I could get a stock Kadett out of it, but it's more funny car than enough stock for me to work with. The wheelbase is the correct 95" though.

I THINK YOUR RIGHT TOM, I'VE BEEN BUYING THESE BODIES OFF EBAY FOR A FEW YEARS, THIS IS THE THIRD SELLER SO FAR. THE ONLY BODY I'VE HAD ISSUES WITH WAS THE BRONCO BUSTER, THE SIDES WERE BOWED OUT QUITE A BIT, & THE BODY WAS ABOUT A 1/4" THICK AT THE ROCKERS. BUT WITH A LITTLE GRINDING & SOME HOT WATER, IT CAME INTO SHAPE PRETTY WELL

IMG_2998-vi.jpgIMG_3000-vi.jpgIMG_2999-vi.jpg

I had mentioned that I won an auction on eBay. The seller must be a friend of AFX Wendal because this is his work. I did get it quickly so he must have the item before he lists it. Overall quality is pretty good, no issues with the body.

I bought it hoping I could get a stock Kadett out of it, but it's more funny car than enough stock for me to work with. The wheelbase is the correct 95" though.

I have seen your work....You can make a factory stock out of this.....Find a Vega kit to use for the chassis and interior.....I would Love to see this done stock.....My aunt owned a red one back when I was a kid.I got my 68'GTO Friday....I'm going to make a Tempest or Lemans out of it....Still trying to figure out the best way to make the grills. Edited by spkgibson

I have seen your work....You can make a factory stock out of this.....Find a Vega kit to use for the chassis and interior.....I would Love to see this done stock.....My aunt owned a red one back when I was a kid.I got my 68'GTO Friday....I'm going to make a Tempest or Lemans out of it....Still trying to figure out the best way to make the grills.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Steve! There is a ton of work to be done. I've already mentally been thinking of what kit dashboard is close enough to modify etc. I've been thinking MPC Chevette under it since those shared a common heritage with the Opel.

german16-vi.jpg

My interest is that I grew up in Germany for a while and they were all over the place. See the above photo I took when I was a kid.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Steve! There is a ton of work to be done. I've already mentally been thinking of what kit dashboard is close enough to modify etc. I've been thinking MPC Chevette under it since those shared a common heritage with the Opel.

german16-vi.jpg

My interest is that I grew up in Germany for a while and they were all over the place. See the above photo I took when I was a kid.

Nice..How old is that photo?......I just finished cutting the front bumper off the GTO body...so I'm off to a good start with the Tempest/Lemans project...I also dremeled off the GTO scoops from the hood.....Now I'm going to soak it in Wesleys bleach white overnight...Then start on the bodywork tomorrow......I would like to see the Opel in progress when you start...Very Cool subject.

Photo was taken in Pirmasens, Germany in the 1970-2 era when I lived there. This was at the army post drag races that were held occasionally on the air strip. Below is a link to the whole set:

http://public.fotki.com/ModelCitizen/11_car_reference_library/pirmasens-germany-d/

Love the photos Tom...It would be cool to build some of the cars in them...Those Bugs are wild looking..Thanks for sharing them...Very cool....Now I'm interested in a Opel Kit!