Model Cars Magazine Forum

Complete: 1/16th Scale Petty Charger

David Thibodeau

Now that is what I call EXCELLENT craftsmanship!! That build is certainly worthy of a Best of Show award where ever you put it on display!!!

There is no modeler that I know of who wouldn't be proud to have that excellent display of workmanship in their collection!!

Thanks for sharing!! Keep up the good work and the posts!!

• 3 years later...

... well with the soon to be reissued 1/16 Dodge Charger...

Wow, I must get that kit asap when it comes! :lol:

But nice build, very nice. It looks really like 1:1 car, paintjob is amazing, and decals are nice. Engine detailing is very great, that carburetor is just like it is in a "larger scale". Nice work on it, as a NASCAR fan, I'd like to see more of these older NASCARs, those new ones are not bad, but these are better... :lol:

4097017065_8b6e0b1a11_z.jpg

TRULY BEAUTIFUL AND SUPERB BUILD!!!!!!!!! I have this same kit built(not even close as your superb one)and must say that MPC did get this Mopar model car right in all angles and excelent detail,is still one of my favorites, is display with a nice autograph picture card of 1992 fan appreciation tour/last race season of the King Richard Petty. This 1/16 kit offering is a great model all around if one can overlook a little the trasparent body wich tend to be a little fragile than standard colored plastic.

Again, superb model and craftmanship in it's build.....long live the King!!!!!!!!!