Model Cars Magazine Forum

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 2015 - NEW LOCATION & DATE

Danno

BIG NEWS!!

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC IS MOVING!

New Date and New Location for 2015!

We've outgrown the old digs and we're upgrading for the future.

DSC11 will be Saturday, April 11, 2015 in Phoenix - - the second weekend of April.

And, DSC is moving to a brand new, bigger, brighter facility! More than 50% more space means more room for more entries and many more vendors!!

The new, 89,000 square foot HobbyTownUSA/Phoenix Indoor Karting Hobby Resort will host the DESERT SCALE CLASSIC at 3401 W. Greenway Road in Phoenix, at the Southeast corner of Greenway and 35th Avenue.

New facility with spacious new accommodations and amenities. On-site full-line HobbyTownUSA retail store, on-site barbeque restaurant and snack bar, huge indoor go kart track, rental karts, indoor R/C track, rental R/C cars, open pits and benches, video game arcade, private party facilities, souvenir shop, huge free paved parking lot, clean rest rooms, adjacent shopping, restaurants, bars.

Plenty of on-site hobby entertainment for everyone!!

Come see us for the biggest and best DESERT SCALE CLASSIC ever . . . at the biggest and best hobby entertainment center in Phoenix!

this is just up the street from the old location, right?

Just a couple of blocks East of the past location. Closer to I-17 than before!

There are a couple of hotels just a mile away . . . La Quinta and Embassy Suites, both at I-17 & Greenway Road.

Chip has it right ~ this is one cool venue!!!

well, I suppose I should go next year since Art is gonna be there. ;)

we could have a new competition, assemble a snap together while driving a kart. the most complete snap together with the most laps wins bragging rights.

• 6 months later...

Bumpity bump!

Now that NNL West is over, it's time to remind everyone about . . .

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC!!

Full line hobby shop.

• Huge, new venue!!!
  • Larger contest hall, larger vendor expo, plenty of room!
  • Critically judged event with 30 classes! Classes for children and teens.
  • On-Line Registration (now open).
  • Free Make-N-Take for kids.
  • Raffle with great prizes!
  • Indoor kart racing on site.
  • Indoor R/C off-road racing on site.
  • Indoor driving simulators and game arcade on site.
  • Indoor snack bar and lunch/dinner restaurant on site.
  • Spacious free parking for everyone on site.
  • Lots of dining and beverage spots adjacent.
  • NEW! Two ~ count 'em, two! ~ slot car road racing circuit tracks! Plus- A scale dragstrip for slot drag racing!! On site.

Tons of activities for the family or the imagination. Plenty of interesting things to do after viewing all the entries.

DON'T MISS DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 11. April 11, 2015. 3401 W. Greenway Road, Phoenix, AZ.

Check the DSC pages at www.CactusCarModelers.com

• 2 weeks later...

for anyone interested in kart racing, a website www.localflavor.com currently has a coupon on sale for kart racing at this facility, it's half off for 2 adults. be sure to put phoenix as your city if you wish to see the deal, and you can buy them as gifts also.

the coupons are listed as "good till august", so they should be valid till after the model contest.

Good stuff, Mike! Thanks for the tip on the coupons. I can see some Modeler Grudge Matches coming!!! :o

Also, as we add to the attractions, allow me to point out that Chris Sobak, Brad Norgaard, Art Laski, Randy Dillon, and Tim Pentecost are going to be slugging it out with their incredible scratch-built brass and plastic artistry, all the while competing for attention with John Teresi, Rick Blassl, [your name here], and a gaggle of other miniature plastic masters!

*It's probably a good time to point out, as we are now only 6-1/2 weeks away, that guests and entrants in the Desert Scale Classic never compete with the hosts. We have a separate, people's choice competition for the host club members. Forget anything that's ever happened anywhere else. It's a Cactus Car Modelers tradition, and it's set in concrete!

OnLine Registration is open! Go to www.Cactuscarmodelers.com and select the Desert Scale Classic tabs.

We'll see you in the warm, hospitable Valley of the Sun! B)

We just walked the new show room today . . . everything's coming together quite well . . . it's going to be awesome.

We're going to have car songs and oldies going all day along with the big raffle!

Model Cars Magazine will be in the house as a sponsor and . . . Darryl Gassaway has come out of retirement for this event! He'll be on hand photographing entries for the MCM.

Don't miss it!

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to be a vendor at the DSC this year selling Pro Tech aftermarket parts and some other accessories and am issuing a special challenge. I’m calling it the Laski Scale Specialties Kart Challenge and here’s the deal:

Anyone who purchases an item from me during the event will be eligible to race me in a kart race following the show. (I plan to run two)

Any qualifying racer who beats me by logging a faster time in the same race I am in will receive a Pro Tech product of equal or lesser value than what they purchased.

If the winner purchased more than one product, the amount of the offer will apply to the item of higher value.

Qualifying purchases must take place prior to the kart race.

If you send your kid to buy something because he’s lighter and faster, that’s OK too!

Any takers?

Also, if you are looking to buy any particular Pro Tech item and would like me to bring it, let me know in advance so I can make sure I have it in inventory for you. You can check Charlie’s web site for available model car products at http://www.ProtechModelParts.com . I don’t necessarily have everything in stock, so be sure to let me know if you need something.

See you there!

Art Laski
Laski Scale Specialties
Pro Tech Show Dealer

Edited by Art Laski

I'm making the trip! B)

Loooking forward to meeting some of the 'west' guys ;)

Awesome! Looking forward to meeting you, too!

:)

I’m going to be vendor at the DSC this year selling Pro Tech aftermarket parts and some other accessories and am issuing a special challenge. I’m calling it the Laski Scale Specialties Kart Challenge and here’s the deal:

Anyone who purchases an item from me during the event will be eligible to race me in a kart race following the show. (I plan to run two)

Any qualifying racer who beats me by logging a faster time in the same race I am in will receive a Pro Tech product of equal or lesser value than what they purchased.

If the winner purchased more than one product, the amount of the offer will apply to the item of higher value.

Qualifying purchases must take place prior to the kart race.

If you send your kid to buy something because he’s lighter and faster, that’s OK too!

Any takers?

Also, if you are looking to buy any particular Pro Tech item and would like me to bring it, let me know in advance so I can make sure I have it in inventory for you. You can check Charlie’s web site for available model car products at http://www.ProtechModelParts.com . I don’t necessarily have everything in stock, so be sure to let me know if you need something.

See you there!

Art Laski

Laski Scale Specialties

Pro Tech Show Dealer

That's fantastic, Art!!!

See you soon! :)