Model Cars Magazine Forum

Air-Trax Mercury Marauder X-100

These Marauder castings are about the most perfect resin castings that I have ever seen. It is designed to use the AMT '69 Galaxie as a core kit. It includes etching for emblems as well. The bumpers are not plated, so you must Alcad them or send them off to plating.

post-11981-0-38880200-1393782873_thumb.j

This '69 Mercury Marquis convertible is basically the same car as the Marauder. It has a 360 HP 429 cubic inch engine with dual exhaust. The only way to tell a '69 Mercury from a '70 Mercury is the front turn signal light and the tail lights. These differences are very subtle

My thought is to modify the resin Marauder body to a Marquis convertible. I figure the chance of ever seeing this car in styrene 1/25 kit form is about as good as winning Powerball.

post-11981-0-27741900-1393783218_thumb.j

post-11981-0-93713400-1393783258_thumb.j

This '69 Mercury Marquis convertible is basically the same car as the Marauder. It has a 360 HP 429 cubic inch engine with dual exhaust. The only way to tell a '69 Mercury from a '70 Mercury is the front turn signal light and the tail lights. These differences are very subtle

My thought is to modify the resin Marauder body to a Marquis convertible. I figure the chance of ever seeing this car in styrene 1/25 kit form is about as good as winning Powerball.

I made this one from the AMT '69 Ford XL Hardtop, so the conversion you want to do is possible.

Mamameetingjuly212012025.jpg

One to keep in mind also is the Marauder is on a 3 inch shorter wheelbase than the Monterey and Marquis (121 vs 124). The Marauder shared the 121 inch wheelbase w/ the Galaxie.

Edited by Rob Hall