Model Cars Magazine Forum

American Racing Miniatures to Re-releaseChris Etzel's Speed Classic kits

American Racing Miniatures , do they have a website ? I've looked and didn't see anything, maybe I missed it.

I'd say not since they haven't even debuted product yet. And since he was mentioned, yes Norm Veber is always busy. He has missed NNL East the past few years because he had too many orders in his queue to produce product for the show. He emailed today that he will indeed be at the show this year!

• 2 weeks later...

I found out today that American Racing Miniatures will have some kits at the Cincy IPMS show. That's all I know. If someone goes would the please post back here to let those of us who can't go what they're up to. Contact information and such. I want this stuff like a junkie wants crack. I was raising kids the first time these came out. Now the kids are gone and I have money. Let us know what's going on.

I talked to these gentlemen at the Columbus IPMS show yesterday. They currently have the Stutz Blackhawk, '26-'28 Miller, '98 ? Dallera, a couple wheel/tire sets, & a couple decal sets. Art they also have the Offy engine kit. It sounds like they have ambitious plans for the other Etzel kits & new kits of their own. The quality of their casting is as good as Etzel's was. They don't have a web site yet but one is in the works. Contact info, American Racing Miniatures@gmail.com, P.O. Box 96 Round Hill, VA. 20142. Their names are Ed Mautner & Tom Faletti.

and they will be at NNL East. When I talked with Tom he said that they didn't get the masters and such from Chris Etzel directly, but that a friend of theirs went out west (I think it was Utah) to look at the remains of a model rail road aftermarket company and found the Etzel stash with it. Amazing find!

• 3 weeks later...

Saw the guys from American Racing Miniatures at the IPMS contest at Indianapolis today--they had newly produced kits of the Etzel 1998-99 Dalara Indy winners, the 1924-25-27 Duesenberg 122/91cid Indy winner(s) at the show for sale, along with the 1950's Halibrand magnesium disk wheels and tires (16" front, 18" rear with Firestone tires), and the 274cid Offenhauser 4cyl (bought two of the engines.

All done from Chris's original masters, which they now own, the rest of the cars will be coming back on line very quickly. Nice to see this line of cast resin historic Indianapolis cars back and available.

Art

I bought the dirt tires and wheels, and a Stutz Blackhawk today. The Offy is with the white metal like Chris had. These are beautiful kits, and money well spent. I missed them the first time, I won't this time. What's really neat is that they're packaged like the originals. These guys have big plans , and I hope they work out. If you're an open wheel modeler, this is a great time to be building.

Wow. My three Stutz Blackhawks just took a serious hit in value. No sour grapes, though. I'm glad to see the whole line back on the market. I'm sure I'll pick up some other classic racing cars.

Two thumbs up.

Edited by LDO

Wow. My three Stutz Blackhawks just took a serious hit in value. No sour grapes, though. I'm glad to see the whole line back on the market. I'm sure I'll pick up some other classic racing cars.

Two thumbs up.

So get out yer supplies and build build build!