Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's the best 1978 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Model Kit?

Hello everyone,

Well after a long period of being absent, I have finally returned. . and I just got hired on to a new job Finally!!

Well I have been thinking once again about starting the hobby back up and finishing off one project build that I have had on the back burner for some time. .

But my mother reminded me about the Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 1978', since it was the most popular car of my Birth year. . . I do want to start such a project, but since many of my tools, paints, and other things were thrown out, I have to rebuy everything fresh. .

But I wanted to ask the community, whats the best or better Model Kit (And company) for just such a car? I like Revell, but many of AMT's models were either major disaster's or just total failures, especially in it's tooling or mold injected parts. . . If I am to look for this car as a future project I do want to get some feed back or market research on which of the company's has a better model for the car if it was made in that year at all?? Much appreciated. .

If T-tops make a difference, the AMT/MPC kits have the Hurst tops (which would be right for a Bandit T/A), the Revell kit has the Fisher tops. If it doesn't matter, definitely the Revell kit.

Edited by roadhawg