Model Cars Magazine Forum

I found this picture on the net last night and just had to do it. B)

373hp-shasta-camper.jpg

I was going to go with yelloe but Spouse says it has to be pink. Will still do all the doo dads with it.

SANY1328.jpg

SANY1329.jpg

SANY1326.jpg

It is not any one camper. I am adding a few of the Shasta special items inside. I know it is tight but what can you do in 10 feet, still have the bed in the back and the details outside. Not totally sure how far I will go with the jellouse (sp) windows.

BTW: started about 10 this morning so it isnt that difficult a build. A week end project. it is all simple straight cuts so would be good project for first time scratch building.

KennB :rolleyes:

Gotta love the campers :wub:

Edited by kennb

A diorama sounds fun, but i would like to have a nice vintage looking sign. I remember that in "The Last Starfighter" they had that sign in the opening scenes and thought that might be the type I am wanting. Simple net search and ...........nothing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nada,,,,,,,,,,,,,trailer court signs, never heard of them....................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................................image search,,,,web search,,,,,,,,vintage camper courts............a total void......oh well. :blink:

KennB :unsure:

Supose now I am going to find some weird pickup to make a camper for :lol:

Edited by kennb

I found this picture on the net last night and just had to do it. B)

373hp-shasta-camper.jpg

I was going to go with yelloe but Spouse says it has to be pink. Will still do all the doo dads with it.

SANY1328.jpg

SANY1329.jpg

SANY1326.jpg

It is not any one camper. I am adding a few of the Shasta special items inside. I know it is tight but what can you do in 10 feet, still have the bed in the back and the details outside. Not totally sure how far I will go with the jellouse (sp) windows.

BTW: started about 10 this morning so it isnt that difficult a build. A week end project. it is all simple straight cuts so would be good project for first time scratch building.

KennB :rolleyes:

Gotta love the campers :wub:

I agree with the Wifey, :rolleyes: (after 39 years of wedded bliss, this is just automatic) the Testors '50s pink, or aqua would both be right at home on this little cutey.

• 7 months later...

All that parts for this and the other trailer are all scratch built with no commercial parts. I make everything down to the tires and rims and hub caps.

Thanks for the comments and positive feedback on this and my other projects.

I will be getting this one back out and trying to finish it up soon. I have taken a short break form modeling but have several projects to complete.

KennB