Model Cars Magazine Forum

If it could only talk............... How sad. :( That old truck gave its all and this is how it all ends for it. I'd buy it in a heartbea and drag it home, just to see it survive and exist for a few more years. just picture it in your mind with the dents gone, new paint top to bottom and at a car show.. It appears to not have a whole lot of rustin the cab.. a front clip would take care of most of the body work and damage.. and - it would attract more attention than most any hot rod or custom I promise you. All that poor girl needs is someone who cares about her and sees something special inher.. That truck, as beat up as it is, should be saved. Iti s most definitely a pieceof automotive hostory. Who needs a Holmes when you got something with this much class and character??? Now THERE"S a project for someone to replicate in styrene... :rolleyes::D

Edited by impcon

The wrecker boom is actually rather graceful. Looks like a half-ton?

Charlie Larkin

3/4 ton. Too long to a 1/2 ton, not long enough to be a 1 ton. It does look like someone has swapped out the hood and didn't change the badge, which isn't uncommon. From what I can see, that truck is VERY restorable. The only real catch would be anything in the wrecker boom, and perhaps the wheels/tires (15" splits, hard to get proper tires for them or find anyone willing to service them). Otherwise, virtually all the body parts are readily available, and mechanical repair parts aren't too hard to find.

Edited by Longbox55

I wouldn't mourn the passing of this one just yet... the owner of this particular yard does prefer to sell if he can before he scraps it. The fact that this truck didn't go directly to the big tin heap at the back of the property indicates he thinks there'd be someone interested in buying it whole.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...