Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Cars Magazine WANTS YOU!!!

Harry P.

If you have ever thought about seeing your work in the magazine some day, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!!!!

We are looking for some "how-to" type articles to feature in upcoming issues.

If you have a technique, trick, or tip that would be of interest to others, you might have what it takes to be featured in the magazine. Whether we can use your work depends on the quality of the photos you can provide, and how interesting and/or useful your "how-to" is.

If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll spell out the details for you. You just might see your work in an upcoming issue of MCM! :blink:

I have a "how to" section on how to section a 49-50 Ford, which was originally learned from a 1963 article in Rod&Custom, but I enhanced and updated it, and took my own photos. I got it down pat, and the last 49 I sectioned, it took less than one hour.

Would that be of any interest to MCM readers?

My latest sectioned 49 is in primer, and would like to finish it and submit the finished copy with my article, if interested.

Ken "FloridaBoy" Willaman

• 3 weeks later...
I have a "how to" section on how to section a 49-50 Ford, which was originally learned from a 1963 article in Rod&Custom, but I enhanced and updated it, and took my own photos. I got it down pat, and the last 49 I sectioned, it took less than one hour.

Would that be of any interest to MCM readers?

My latest sectioned 49 is in primer, and would like to finish it and submit the finished copy with my article, if interested.

Ken "FloridaBoy" Willaman

I, for one, would love to see it. I have a junkyard Ford I'm going to section.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update:

You guys have responded to this big time! I have a lot of articles coming in, some have already been published, many more in the works and coming soon.

MCM is truly the model car magazine for model builders, BY model builders! Nobody else has as many "family" members' work, tips and techniques published as we do at Model Cars, and you guys make that possible!

We appreciate your enthusiasm and your contributions to the magazine. And by all means, keep 'em coming! :D

I AM AN OLD NEWSPAPER MAN AND HAVE WRITTEN LOADS OF FEATURES AND REPORTS OF LOCAL DIRT TRACK RACES

I AM BY NO MEANS AN EXCELLENT REPORTER, HOWEVER I CAN DESCRIBE THE WAY THAT I BUILD MY SKEETER CARS BY USING THE CHEAPEST MATERIEL AVAILABLE

NAMELY WOOD AND PLASTIC STICKS.I USE TONGUE DEPRESSORS, WOODEN COFFEE STIRRIRS,POPSICKLE STICKS AND QUARTER INCH BY QUARTED INCH 36 INCH LONG WOOEN STRIPS PURCHASED FROM LOWES. AND OH YES HARD CIGAR BOX TOPS AND SIDES!

OF COURSE I HAVE TO ORDER THE BODYS FROM OTHER SOURCES BUT WHAT THE HAY,

post-3665-1237333837_thumb.jpgpost-3665-1237333977_thumb.jpg

GRANDAD

LARRY

• 1 month later...
If you have ever thought about seeing your work in the magazine some day, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!!!!

We are looking for some "how-to" type articles to feature in upcoming issues.

If you have a technique, trick, or tip that would be of interest to others, you might have what it takes to be featured in the magazine. Whether we can use your work depends on the quality of the photos you can provide, and how interesting and/or useful your "how-to" is.

If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll spell out the details for you. You just might see your work in an upcoming issue of MCM! :blink:

Hello Harry.

New here, and have been building for 35 years, have quick fix's and nice detail idea's. and would love to write for you, i HAVE NOT SET UP FRIENDS, SO CAN'T PM yet, so if you would like pls get intouch with me. Hears a 67 Chevelle With a vynle top, feels and looks textured! Note the seams on each side! veay easy and cheap to do! Don't need the 20.00 bottles! auto zone, 6.00 bucks and some sterline/plastic strips.. "wink"

Alan Spence

booboo60

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I posted an article in Tips and Tricks called adjustable seats. I am now getting ready to do the actual seats for my model.

The seat used in the article was just to see if my idea worked and it does. Please PM me if you are interested and I'll take some nice

in process photos and do a better explanation.

Thank You

Ernie

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Harry,

I am a charter member of the MCL (www.themodelcarlist.com and before it was the MCL) and have been around modeling for most of my life. I just signed up here though after getting a Facebook message from Gregg and thought my "Weekend Modeler" series might be a good addition to the mix. I wrote a handful of reviews for the old site that Roy Sorensen ran several years ago and a few things for the cigar site I belong to.

Harry,

I am a charter member of the MCL (www.themodelcarlist.com and before it was the MCL) and have been around modeling for most of my life. I just signed up here though after getting a Facebook message from Gregg and thought my "Weekend Modeler" series might be a good addition to the mix. I wrote a handful of reviews for the old site that Roy Sorensen ran several years ago and a few things for the cigar site I belong to.

Send me a PM and tell me more.

• 1 month later...