Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

Whether you like the guy or not be grateful for what he shares with us. No one ever said he had too, he just wants to share some info with his fellow hobbiests. If you don't agree with him then just ignore him. There are people on the forum I don't like or agree with and I just ignore them and guess what? There are no problems!

i197358.jpg

If only we could get moebius to tool up Clint's other Ford in the movie. Make a nice combo kit.

what happened to the pics I saw them earlier on my phone now i am on my computer so i can see them bigger and there gone

It looks like they were deleted by Art, so you'll need to send him a PM for anything beyond that.

Art,

That makes perfect sense. The way the grilles were arranged on the sprue tree in the picture, didn't look like they could be easily separated out for individual issues. But that just goes to prove I'm the amateur and you're the pro!

I'm all for as many versions as Moebius wants to issues.

I was also thinking about that Pickup from Gran Torino. It has been one of my favorite movies for a long time and soon there is a possibility to build a replica!

I'm really looking forward to these. If I buy two of both, I think I'll be good with them. B)

I know a few people that saved the pics , but not sure if they are going to be re posted

If Moebius wanted those photos off the Internet, nobody should repost them. The shots no doubt give away some info on future releases they didn't want public right now. Leave it be!

If Moebius wanted those photos off the Internet, nobody should repost them. The shots no doubt give away some info on future releases they didn't want public right now. Leave it be!

They shouldn't have been posted in the first place if they hadn't wanted any information to get out.

Tom, all I was saying is some of us saved the images, that is all, nothing more, nothing less ;)

I was surprised to see the pictures we're taken off. However whats done is done. If Moebius wanted to keep a secret, they could have done a better job of it.

Exactly. I guess we're supposed to pretend we didn't see the 4X4 parts, four grilles etc. etc.

All throughout this thread, there has been discussions, along with pictures referring to the Evolution of this kit. Post #1,219,229,472. All show Mock-up picture of what you might be building soon. Post #5,523 gives reference to there being. At least Five versions of this kit. So just what is the Big Deal in sharing a couple of Photos amongst a group of friends.

There was no trade secret lost here. From what I have read. There was never a secret at all. If ever there was a secret Moebius, should not have announced to the World from a Toy show that there were going to produce a kit like this.

Edited by my80malibu

Seeing those few preliminary shots of the 4 years of grilles and the 4x4 components has me even more excited for these. By the looks of it, the transfer case appears to be a divorced NP205, so I'm going out on a limb and speculating that there's a 4x4 F-250 in the works. If not, a 4x4 F-100 will still get the job done, since 4x4s are more common in these parts. I see lots of these making great era-correct work trucks, regardless of model or engine. Back then, towing capacity wasn't as much a concern as it is today in our world dominated by 3/4 and 1-ton diesels, so it wasn't uncommon to see lots of Big Six, 3-on-the-tree F-100s in construction.

I wonder if the trim will be separate? Ranger/XLT, Explorer, and Custom side trim and tailgate panels are all different. Apologies if this has already been addressed in the previous 29 pages, but I read the post religiously and don't remember seeing any answer.beltline molding, but no

EDIT** I see the test sprues have what appear to be the Ranger/XLT beltline molding. Based on this, I would assume the appropriate tailgate panels will be included for at least the Ranger/XLT

Edited by wku88

I wonder if the trim will be separate? Ranger/XLT, Explorer, and Custom side trim and tailgate panels are all different. Apologies if this has already been addressed in the previous 29 pages, but I read the post religiously and don't remember seeing any answer.

From what I remember of the pics I think it's separate..