Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name that movie quote

Petetrucker07

I think Heat had the best all out,craziest shootouts in movie history...Just my opinion.:DBut I believe the film did receive an award for the realism of the scene.

I would say that the next best shootout,had to be Scarface,while he's having a shoot out in his house at the end of the film...Say Hello to my little friend.

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

I think Heat had the best all out,craziest shootouts in movie history...Just my opinion.

Definitely in my Top Five Gun Movies of All Time. I first saw it on cable and thought that the gunfire sounds were the most realistic I'd ever heard in a movie. And they were LOUD even coming through my TV--that scene must have been awesome in a theater with Dolby sound! :blink:

TCM is showing a classic film-noir with some great dialogue, at 6 PM EST tonight:  "White Heat" from 1949.  Fave line: when one of James Cagney's gunsels has been sitting in the car, playing the radio.  Cagney: "If that battery's dead, it's gonna have company."

The answer to the 2 lines I posted above is "Who'll Stop the Rain" (1978). Or for Europeans, "Dog Soldiers," the name of the Robert Stone novel the movie was based on.  Great cast with Nick Nolte, Tuesday Weld, and Anthony Zerbe as the slimiest crooked drug agent ever...complete with an amazing collection of leisure suits.  The plot is sort of like "Treasure of the Sierra Madre," replacing the gold dust with Vietnamese heroin.

13 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Definitely in my Top Five Gun Movies of All Time. I first saw it on cable and thought that the gunfire sounds were the most realistic I'd ever heard in a movie. And they were LOUD even coming through my TV--that scene must have been awesome in a theater with Dolby sound! :blink:

I remember seeing it in the theatre back in the day and it was LOUD.    I know zilch about guns, but it seemed more 'real' sounding than a typical movie.  

Yup,Snake,exactly,the guns sounded and looked very realistic.Thats why a shootout in the movies has got to have that realistic sound,or it just sucks.Full Metal Jacket had great sounding guns and shootouts.But then I think Platoon could've had better sounding guns.I don't know..Another favorite movie,definitely my favorite John Cusack movie,Gross Point Blank had a bunch of shoot outs,but to me they didn't sound real.Heat must of have sounded great in the theaters.Never did see it,except on tv.And actually,I believe that Heat,was the first movie,that both Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro are in the same scene together.I mean they were both in Godfather 2,but never in the same scene.Well actually it wouldn't be possible,since DeNiro played Al Pacino's father,when they were young,as we all know:P...Anyway,bang bang,real sounding Bullets are very important.:D

IMG_6057.JPG

IMG_6058.JPG

Edited by NYLIBUD

Here's an oldie"Man I thank GOD none of my brothers see me driving around in this thing.You really let the sh--- go bad.What you don't understand is I don't care how it looks.You Need some class.Class isn't something you buy.Look at you,You got a $500 suit on,and your still a low life...Yea but I look good."

2 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Here's an oldie"Man I thank GOD none of my brothers see me driving around in this thing.You really let the sh--- go bad.What you don't understand is I don't care how it looks.You Need some class.Class isn't something you buy.Look at you,You got a $500 suit on,and your still a low life...Yea but I look good."

Sounds like something that I really should know, but it escapes me at the moment. <_<

Steve

3 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Not 100% sure, maybe pulp fiction?

43 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte in 48 hrs.Cruising around in Nick Noltes sky blue pos Caddy.Sorry I just saw it the other night on tv.Movie came out in 82,and I think it was Eddie Murphy's first movie.

I saw it once many years ago, but not one of my favorites.

Probably why it sounded familiar, but wasn't registering.

Steve

5 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I saw it once many years ago, but not one of my favorites.

Probably why it sounded familiar, but wasn't registering.

Steve

Gotcha.Like I said there is an endless amount of great movie quotes.

Such as:"In town your the law,out here it's me.Drop it,drop the gun,or I'll give a war you won't believe......Let it go,let it go"

On 12/17/2018 at 1:34 PM, NYLIBUD said:

I think Heat had the best all out,craziest shootouts in movie history...Just my opinion.:DBut I believe the film did receive an award for the realism of the scene.

I would say that the next best shootout,had to be Scarface,while he's having a shoot out in his house at the end of the film...Say Hello to my little friend.

I would agree, and say also some of the scenes in the movie "The Town" were quite good as well.