IMPALA SS 427

• 1 month later...

well i have a little progress:

DSCF2921_zps13f8d1b0.jpg

inside fenders painted black

DSCF2920_zps9fb90bd9.jpg

engine bay painted

DSCF2895_zps507b04b3.jpg

dash redone and steering wheel modified using a 70 impala and the 58 impala ones.

DSCF2919_zps85ceac20.jpg

all glass in (except front screen)

DSCF2912_zps3b899d77.jpg

DSCF2910_zps208913d8.jpg

I removed the hideous mold lines in the side of the bumper and re chromed it with BMF and swapped the white walls for a better set and gave the rims a fresh coat, i also drilled out the bolts and replaced them with pin heads which looks much better.

Edited by IMPALA SS 427

Excellent conversion! It's nice to see these Biscaynes and other "Poor" Model Chevrolets being built also. Nice job with the rear end, I guess that conversion would be too hard for me.

Did you make the top higher? To me it looks like Chopped, since Biscayne and Impala had different tops. But I guess I wouldn't have done it any better, so Big Thumbs Up! B)

Pretty cooool James! With the paint and foil it will be a car.

Like the progress - and always wondering about your RHD dash. Nice "little" detail.

Only a small point, that i would chance. I think, the b-pillars are to thick? I know, this coversation is a loooot of work and the result will be perfect. just a notice for upcoming builts ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone :)

Dominik - yes the b pillars are a bit thick but this was my first or second? attempt at making b pillars, I did notice they are a bit thick after finished painting the body but this came out a lot better than my 67 impala (the roof was rough on the 67) and at the risk of doing damage trying to alter them i just went with it, I appreciate your opinion and hopefully my next will be better.

I have started another project and i will be working between these.

Edited by IMPALA SS 427

• 1 month later...