Model Cars Magazine Forum

ARE THE FOLLOWING AVAILABLE?

I hope someone did get the molds and starts using them! I'd like that MG Airline coupe!

Who ever knows? There's at least one person I know of who has bought some of the best masters from people/companies no longer casting, but not a single one of them has even been hinted at being available again. Basically if there's something in resin out there that you want, it behooves you to buy it when available and don't wait. The company can go bust, and there's no guarantee you'll ever see it again.

I was wrong, it was a '63. Here's a link to their old price list:

http://www.islandcollectibles.net/prod0228.htm

Actually I've seen and held the kit; a friend of Guido's locally got one to send to a magazine for review. Nice kit.

There were a few SK models I wanted but didn't get, but glad I did get the Phantom Corsair, the Alfa 2900 LeMans, and the BMW 3.0 CS transkit. He never did finish his Mangusta which I would have had to have. You win some, you lose some :roll: :wink: :lol:

i think a '63 could pass for a '67 with a little fabrication; mine was titled as a '67 but was a holdover '66; the real '67 was more "falcon" like in appearance (i had a '69 GT;same body as that) but i liked the mk1 version much better. wonder if anyone has one of those old kits available?

• 1 year later...

Resin Lotus Cortinas are available from www.model-cars.org.uk not as good as the scalekraft one but $150 less! You pays your money & takes your choice. Available as body shell, engine/gearbox & wheels tyres. Cheers

Edited by andyx

• 1 month later...
Resin Lotus Cortinas are available from www.model-cars.org.uk not as good as the scalekraft one but $150 less! You pays your money & takes your choice. Available as body shell, engine/gearbox & wheels tyres. Cheers

Apparently this mould is out of action for a while...sob. :lol:

I've been after a Mk1 Cortina for a while, so fingers crossed Andy at Model Cars (Andyx by any chance?) gets it going again soon.

Would love to find out what's happened to ScaleKraft Guido's moulds...he had some great stuff, but closed up about 2 months before I found out about his models. I could definately have blown my budget with him!

• 3 weeks later...
Who ever knows? There's at least one person I know of who has bought some of the best masters from people/companies no longer casting, but not a single one of them has even been hinted at being available again. Basically if there's something in resin out there that you want, it behooves you to buy it when available and don't wait. The company can go bust, and there's no guarantee you'll ever see it again.

you mean like perry's resin and the accu-pro line? just an example :D