Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cuttin' up a Kenworth

OK, as an employee of Kenworth, you made me kring when I read "cuttin up a KW", but after looking @ your pics I can say you are doing a great job. I also am a fan of the grill. Can you get any more of the verticle bars? I only ask since it is a popular option to get an extra 4 bars, to in between those.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Mike

I bought it from STS, but I believe it's an Auslowe item.

As to the grille bars, the photoetch set I bought only comes with the standard 3 bars.

I'm pretty sure that KW grille set is made by Czech Model. They can be purchased though ModellTruck in Germany. They also make a grille kit to upgrade the GMC Astro and several others.

https://ssl3.world4you.com/modelmakershop/index.php?cat=c126_Czech-Truck-Modell.html&page=3&XTCsid=7c4h03e6i2q59jk3bbg6ne4el5

Edited by Ben

I'm pretty sure that KW grille set is made by Czech Model. They can be purchased though ModellTruck in Germany. They also make a grille kit to upgrade the GMC Astro and several others.

https://ssl3.world4y...59jk3bbg6ne4el5

I thought I saw it before. It looks great! Ray, if you have that photo etch kit, your KW is going to be a jewel! photo etch goes a long way for detailing. I just went on the site with this link. Have you seen the photo etch for the Italeri Peterbilt 378? Man! Got to get me one of those kits!

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Great work on classic. I've also this PE parts for KW and it is awesome. The guys from CTM will "rework" of this KW w900 parts! What I know now the hot new is PE kit for DAF N-series (italeri Cattleman). I will talk with them 30.11.2013 on exhibition in Bratislava. And I would ask them about news. PE parts you can buy also in www.car-model-kit.cz Pavel.