Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Chevy Pro-Modified

Last week was a crazy week, it started out the week before with getting a new job and moved to a city 100 miles from my place. This is where I stay in the weekend, through the week in the new place.

It was very doubtful if I could find something big enough for me to model. But I did.

The first day I started off building on a small stool, the second day I found a used desk, but I had to sit on a speaker. The third day I was able to find me a good second hand desk-chair and I just bought this weekend a good desk-lamp.

The only thing I can think off as a disadvantage is to keep everything mobile, so I can model here and there :D

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnyway;

I decided to start a new project, both the '40 as the third Christine were in the painting-stage and I can not spray-paint over there. So I thought off taking the '55 Chevy with me and it would be a nice project to work on.

I had a hard time modelling with proper light, so I do see imperfections I want to improve.

I will detail the engine better throughout time and I am trying lots of new techniques ( for me that is ). I also primered the car today and gave it its color.

The box art was green, but I didn't fancy that. So I gave it a nice burgundy paint. I wasn't planning using the decals that came with the kit, but I looked over it again and I thought the white and orange did match nicely.

So, please let me know what you think. ;)

unfinished

unfinished

unfinished

unfinished

unfinished

unfinished

unfinished

unfinished

unfinished

unfinished