Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tires for '70s MPC Duster Pro Stock kits?

Rob Hall

I recently picked up a couple '70s MPC Duster Pro Stock parts kits... a '72 and '73...got the bodies and trim, found some parts box wheels that look like pics I've seen of those kits (Mopar Missle and California Flash Pro Stock). But I'm not sure what tires would have been included w/ the kits--I probably have some old MPC slicks floating around my various parts boxes, but am not sure of what would be correct. Any aftermarket sources for '70s Pro Stock tires?

The slicks that came in the Duster prostock kits was a hollow goodyear slick. Similar to the current AMT slicks that were in everything drag related the past 10 years or so that I noticed. Major difference is the width however. The side wall says 10.50-15. I can take a picture later tomorrow if you want so you know exactly what your looking for.

Paul

Ok..vinyl, not hard plastic? I was looking at the slicks in the recent '77 Mustang II Firefighter kit, but they look a bit too wide to fit w/o tubbing the chassis.

Edited by Rob Hall

First the kits are unbuildable. To save the hassle, just chuck them in a box and send them to West Virginia. Failing that, get ahold of some slicks from either the Revell Willys or the old Jo-han slicks. The MPC kits are huge for this era of a pro stocker.

Mike

Delivery address available on request