Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Dodge Coronet

Bigfordguy

I started building this towards the end of March

Picture274-1.jpg

I am painting the car to match this or as close to this as possible. I had intended on painting it a darker colour and colour matching the bumpers and such, but when I looked online for reference pictures I seen this car and changed my mind :)

67dodgecoronet.jpg

I have the hood in paint, the colour is not spot on but good enough

Picture277-4.jpg

Thanks

Have not really done much work on it lately, but figured I would post what I have so far

Picture278-3.jpg

Picture281-2.jpg

Since I started building models again after taking some time off, I wanted my models to have more detail so I tried black washing my grill for the first time. I am honestly not sure how I feel about how it turned out but never the less here it is

Picture280-3.jpg

Kevin

Love the paint color. What is it? The black wash on the grille looks good. In all honesty that is a tough grille to wash because the grille is so fine. Most won't be that difficult to do. Keep after it.

Later-

l have to agree this is a very tuff grill to wash. You did a good job on the grill.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone

I have been taking my time on this but I do have a little update

The body is in primer although I tend to build my models mostly box stock(still learning how to do custom stuff and detail work) I still like the exterior of my models clean looking so I sanded all the dodge emblems and R/T emblems shaved the door locks and trunk lock and will not be adding the door handles

Picture289-3.jpg

also been working on the chassis

Picture290-1.jpg

And some interior work

Picture291-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...