Model Cars Magazine Forum

Historic Racing Community Build

W-409

Great job, Mark! That came out very nice, paintjob and decals look good. Wheels and tires are nice too. Seatbelts are looking very good too, thanks for joining in this CBP-and finishing your build! I'll add to the entry list, that it's finished.

Tim: Vette looks very cool too, that wheel/tire MockUp looks very good to me. Can't wait to see, how it turns out. B)

Liam, Lotus looks very good too, that body painting is great. It looks so smooth, and shiny enough. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Liam, it looks very good!

I guess, I will enter with '82 Corvette Outlaw Street. It's a Drag Racer. Then I can work with two Corvettes at the same time, other one is the Roadsport V8 version, and other is Outlaw Street version.

I count myself in. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Here are first pictures of my '82 Outlaw Street Corvette.

In Outlaw Street car category, "Safety index" is 7.50 and you can build your car quite freely. This Vette will be with 572 BBC and blower. First pictures show little mock up before I cut more of the chassis. Front tires and wheels are going to change, but those are just placed for Mock Up.

P2260388.jpg

P2260390.jpg

P2260391.jpg

P2260392.jpg

I joined with Jo-han's '71 Pro Stock Cuda too.

Bought it in November 2011, and the basis for the project is this Glue Bomb Cuda.

PB050140.jpg

PB050138.jpg

PB050141.jpg

PB050143.jpg

PB050144.jpg

Pretty good basis, since there are almost all of the parts, and they are in good condition too. It wasn't expensive either, and all of the parts were possible to take apart, there were no too much glue used.

...So I started and took the Cuda apart. Then I removed the paint from almost all of the parts. Paint left off easily, and quite fast too. Then I started working with the engine. There's a plastic axle what goes thru the engine block. I filled those holes, and then applied some putty. After some sanding, I painted the engine block orange. Transmission is painted silver, and before gluing valve covers and oil pan, I took resin copies from them. Now I can use those resin parts as a "Master", and I can cast more of those parts.

PB120291.jpg

PB120292.jpg

PB120290.jpg

This is where I am at right now. I have installed valve covers, and intake manifold etc. I added some details to the carburetors. (picture two) They look better in person actually.

P3110183.jpg

P3110185.jpg

P3110184.jpg

P3110186.jpg

Front tires are from Jo-Han box, but rear slicks are from my parts box. Wheels are resing castings by Marko Piironen, and they are really good quality. Wheels and tires fit well together.

P3100181.jpg

Hope to have more progress today, but let's see...

Wheels are painted, I tried to replicate Magnesium or something. Paint is Humbroll Metallic 53, bolts and nuts are painted aluminium and center caps are semigloss black. Painted letters from those tires also, I'm pretty happy about the end result. Engine needs fuel pump, needs to start searching one. While searching, I could move on to the interior and chassis.

P3140241.jpg

P3140242.jpg

P3140243.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nothing wrong with it, Roy. You can join with it, just tell what is it so I can add you to the entry list and you can post the pictures here. ;)

My projects are bit stalled, but getting back to them soon.