Model Cars Magazine Forum

American Truck Design As Art--What Is Your Favorite?

Do you mean T 2000?

YES!!!! Thank You!!! It Is the T-2000! No wonder everytime i tried to look it up, I got references to the T-1000 cyborg from the Arnold movies! But, either way, theres no model of it, and to ME, it's probably THE most beautiful semi truck I've EVER seen. If Mobius had come out with THIS truck, I'da bought a CASE of 'em. Oh well....

From what I can find on the T2000, Kenworth manufactured them from 1997 - 2010 when it was replaced by the T770 for the 2011 model year.

And, yes, D'Elegant was the only one that made a T2000 cab conversion.

Edited by Jim B

The problem with the T 2000 wasn't it's looks as much as the cab construction. KW was using a new process of putting the cab panels together with essentially a giant hot glue gun (Pete did it on the 387) which resulted in a poor quality cab mounted on what was basically a t 600 chassis. That was why it wasn't well liked by drivers.

• 5 weeks later...

anything with a diesel engine B)

I don't mind PickUps as "Trucks", so I'll give you a picture of "Real Truck" which looks good to my eye. It's the Peterbilt, especially I like it just like it was in movie "Duel". ;)

AMEN BROTHER TRUCKERS!!! Just remember, if you bought it a truck brought it!! AMERICA IS DIESEL POWERED!! I know when I'm sitting in the truck stop or chatting on the CB, we are rarely talking Ford or Chevy, but Peterbilt or Freightliner! Here is some fine pieces of fine art in my book!

HPIM3720.jpg

HPIM3802.jpg

HPIM3813.jpg

And those are just a couple of fine works of art I get to share the highways of America with, and even sometimes the most ordinary truck like mine can become a beautiful piece of art with the thanks of a South Carolina thunderstorm!

HPIM4082.jpg

AMEN BROTHER TRUCKERS!!! Just remember, if you bought it a truck brought it!! AMERICA IS DIESEL POWERED!! I know when I'm sitting in the truck stop or chatting on the CB, we are rarely talking Ford or Chevy, but Peterbilt or Freightliner! Here is some fine pieces of fine art in my book!

HPIM3720.jpg

HPIM3802.jpg

HPIM3813.jpg

And those are just a couple of fine works of art I get to share the highways of America with, and even sometimes the most ordinary truck like mine can become a beautiful piece of art with the thanks of a South Carolina thunderstorm!

HPIM4082.jpg

you can keep your mozart and beethoven the sound of a roaring diesel engine is the only symphony i hear.

I don't mind PickUps as "Trucks", so I'll give you a picture of "Real Truck"....

....But if I had to post a picture of a Pickup, oh well I'm not sure if this is 100% correct Pickup either, but it's cool. And no, it doesn't have 100 hp straight six in it, you should hear the sound of it when burning those huge rear tires. B):lol:

_smaller.jpg