Model Cars Magazine Forum

kw cabover off the bench

this is another long idle truck i finally finished. still needs signals(dont like the kit ones)door emblems and i painted the grill emblem since the pics were taken.truck is painted a dark bronze mist and copper tutone. again thanks for looking.

post-2035-0-48999800-1357426474_thumb.jp

post-2035-0-10422700-1357426498_thumb.jp

post-2035-0-80179500-1357426522_thumb.jp

post-2035-0-10487500-1357426546_thumb.jp

post-2035-0-10516800-1357426639_thumb.jp

Hi,

Sharp looking Kenworth - what technique did you use to get the quality paint work?

Cheers,

Jim

i painted the copper all over the cab then taped off the stripes and painted the bronze, after taping the stripes i used dullcote to help seal the tape to prevent bleed through when i sprayed the topcoat.after that i cleared the complete cab.

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya, fabulous model, real sharp build. Hope mine turns out half as good.

can i ask how you got the angle of the axle brackets sorted? I'm short about a half dozen hands trying to mock up the engine/transmission/drive shaft/axle/drive/axle... Grrr...

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, fabulous model, real sharp build. Hope mine turns out half as good.

can i ask how you got the angle of the axle brackets sorted? I'm short about a half dozen hands trying to mock up the engine/transmission/drive shaft/axle/drive/axle... Grrr...

just a lot of test fitting and fiddling around with it until i was happy with the way it looked. the instruction sheet is kinda unclear so you just have to kind of guess at it.