Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don "The Snake" Prudhomme

I couldn't even tell you what company made the kit. I (stupid me) got rid of the box a long time ago. I have another wedge dragster in the works from an MPC kit: #0758 "Spirit of 76" Wedge Dragster. If I ever figure out how to upload, I'll show it in progress. I lost the wedge body for it sometime during the "Plastic Wars" of the late 70's (LOL!) so I'm scratch building one. That's a first. Back in the groove after about 15 years. Plas Rocks! Thanks for responding.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you. I notice the headers are on the bottom,but the model I have they come up through the top. I take it that there were a few different ones. Any comments? Thanks again.

Wow... comments ya want...

I have been researching this car for some time Now...

First the heaber question You Posed...

the first edition as I will call it had the Headers come thru the top of the Body..

They went to the zoomies because of ease to work on it in the pits and that the dragster style zoomies, were In the way.

seco d reason for the change to flopper zoomies was that the Body collect the rubber from the tires during Burnouts and it added weight...

heres a Link( copy Paste this in to another browser.) to My fotki pages . for the snakes wedge dragster..

I am using a comp resins Body and the Garlits wynns charger

http://public.fotki.com/cruzn/snake_wedge/

Dwayne Bressem